Need help, at wit's end.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-06-2015, 04:12 PM
Need help, at wit's end.
I've mentioned this before about Evang. neighbor calling about my going to her church. I've told her and told her I'm not of her faith, that I don't believe in a deity, that my physician has advised me not to go. They not only shake hands but hug everyone, a filthy exchange of germs. She's 83 or 84 and had a small stroke. Today, while talking to another neighbor it turns out she too gets calls about going to church. On this past Sunday she was told she shouldn't do much on Sunday. She lost it and told the old girl she'll go to church if she wants a sermon. So I'm not the only one getting the pressure put on. People don't go to work with a bad cold or flu but they show up in church.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-06-2015, 04:23 PM
RE: Need help, at wit's end.
Sounds like you just have to go with a firm 'no'.

There comes a point when the boundaries you have set have to be held for your own sanity (and health).

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-06-2015, 05:07 PM
The U.S. founded church Unity is very heavy into hugging, lots of germs there.....Unsure
22-06-2015, 06:16 PM
(22-06-2015 04:12 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  I've mentioned this before about Evang. neighbor calling about my going to her church. I've told her and told her I'm not of her faith, that I don't believe in a deity, that my physician has advised me not to go. They not only shake hands but hug everyone, a filthy exchange of germs. She's 83 or 84 and had a small stroke. Today, while talking to another neighbor it turns out she too gets calls about going to church. On this past Sunday she was told she shouldn't do much on Sunday. She lost it and told the old girl she'll go to church if she wants a sermon. So I'm not the only one getting the pressure put on. People don't go to work with a bad cold or flu but they show up in church.

The old lady is just lonely and has nothing better to do. Maybe she needs a cat or something.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
22-06-2015, 06:18 PM
(22-06-2015 04:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Sounds like you just have to go with a firm 'no'.

There comes a point when the boundaries you have set have to be held for your own sanity (and health).

I agree. If you are that annoyed with the constant badgering (as you should be) then a little firmness "with love" never hurt anyone. haha.

In other words...TELL THAT BITCH TO BE COOL!!!!

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 5 users Like Tonechaser77's post
22-06-2015, 06:42 PM
(22-06-2015 04:12 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  I've mentioned this before about Evang. neighbor calling about my going to her church. I've told her and told her I'm not of her faith, that I don't believe in a deity, that my physician has advised me not to go. They not only shake hands but hug everyone, a filthy exchange of germs. She's 83 or 84 and had a small stroke. Today, while talking to another neighbor it turns out she too gets calls about going to church. On this past Sunday she was told she shouldn't do much on Sunday. She lost it and told the old girl she'll go to church if she wants a sermon. So I'm not the only one getting the pressure put on. People don't go to work with a bad cold or flu but they show up in church.

I think she wants to hook up with you, brotha.
[+] 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
23-06-2015, 05:13 AM
Perhaps she's simply senile and forgets she already asked you.

Test -- next time she asks -- tell her you'll meet her there.

Then on Monday - tell her you had a lovely time there.

If she agrees with you -- you'll know the score.

Easy-peezie from there in --- just pre-empt -- and say "See you in church"....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
23-06-2015, 07:10 AM
(23-06-2015 05:13 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Perhaps she's simply senile and forgets she already asked you.

Test -- next time she asks -- tell her you'll meet her there.

Then on Monday - tell her you had a lovely time there.

If she agrees with you -- you'll know the score.

Easy-peezie from there in --- just pre-empt -- and say "See you in church"....

Laugh out load And if she's not senile she might start wondering if she is...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
23-06-2015, 07:15 AM
True...

seems it works either way...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
23-06-2015, 07:40 AM
Get caller ID and don't answer the phone when she calls. Or answer it when she calls and put on dark music in the background like hell and when she asks you about it, act like you don't hear it and that it must be on her end. That will drive her nuts.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 3 users Like The Organic Chemist's post