Need help cooling my laptop

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2012, 12:15 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2012 12:21 PM by N.E.OhioAtheist.)
RE: Need help cooling my laptop
I have a friend in the UK with the same trouble I will ask him what part he replaced. You will need to open it up.
No part just a dust clean out.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Sink your laptop in the bathtub full of water. Add ice and salt and leave it there for an hour. Then paint it in a lively color and use it as a beer mat. Fuck it's late. I should sleep.

Oh, no Hallucinations 4:11 says the 'gilded sheep should be stewed in rat blood' but Morons 5:16 contradicts it. (Chas)

I would never shake a baby unless the recipe requires it.
[+] 1 user Likes Malleus's post
15-01-2012, 08:20 PM
sorry I should have made this more clearer, I got my laptop christmas/giftmas 2011 and the system setting keeps changing to performance optimized where it only goes on when it gets hot, I want coolest mode where the fan stays on, speedfan might help, but I am a bit of a novice when it comes to computers so I won't give it a go until I understand it more.

Thanks for all the ideas and help though,
I will give them a go
15-01-2012, 09:01 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2012 09:07 PM by kim.)
(15-01-2012 08:20 PM)AkhmenHotep Wrote:  sorry I should have made this more clearer, I got my laptop christmas/giftmas 2011 and the system setting keeps changing to performance optimized where it only goes on when it gets hot, I want coolest mode where the fan stays on, speedfan might help, but I am a bit of a novice when it comes to computers so I won't give it a go until I understand it more.

Thanks for all the ideas and help though,
I will give them a go

Filox can help you ... he has a thread here called Technology by Filox <--- click here and you will see what he has to say. He is the resident TECH GUY.
Do whatever he says.

Sheesh... people and their goofy machinery. We need to go back to using pigeons for this communication shit. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-01-2012, 02:50 AM
If it is a new laptop, so it could not be full of dust and dirt yet, then you need to check the surface on which you are using it. If you are using it on a desk or other similar hard and straight surface, you must not have problems. Also check your air holes, do not keep an ashtray or a box of cigarettes on the hole (my friends do this often, without realizing) or near the hole, the air must have a clean exit and nothing in front of it so it can blow out normally.

If you are using it on bed or in your lap, than it is completely normal that it overheats. Use something to put under your laptop so it can receive more air. Do not use the integrated "overclock" ability if your laptop has one (that cool "speed" button or something similar), that is BS, it only heats your laptop and makes it last less. The difference in speed is not that much to notice.

If it keeps overheating with all my instruction followed, then you need to reinstall you OS, because there is something wrong with your drivers and installation, so it does not work properly and the sensors do not act accordingly. Never repair your instalation, always do a nice clean install with format. That way you are certain it is all new.

Let me know if you fix the problem.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson