Altair's Sword
Neither
[Show Results]

Need help deciding on a sword.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-02-2015, 01:04 PM
Need help deciding on a sword.
I got $60 for my 21st birthday yesterday and I always wanted a sword so I decided to buy one. There are two I'm looking at but they are both sooo cool I can't decide. Let me know your opinions on which you think would be better to buy.

First one is a replica Master Sword from Legend of Zelda.

The second one is a replica of Altair's sword from Assassins Creed.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: Need help deciding on a sword.
60 bucks will not buy a sword worth owning.

A Buck 110, or a Gerber Hunter maybe.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
04-02-2015, 01:14 PM
(04-02-2015 01:12 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  60 bucks will not buy a sword worth owning.

A Buck 110, or a Gerber Hunter maybe.....

Well I gotta make do with what I got.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
04-02-2015, 01:17 PM
Wait till you have more money - if you want a sword, buy a real one - not some piece of nickle plated cold-rolled steel made in Pakistan......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-02-2015, 01:25 PM
(04-02-2015 01:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Wait till you have more money - if you want a sword, buy a real one - not some piece of nickle plated cold-rolled steel made in Pakistan......

Not like it's going to be used, just for decoration and collection.

04-02-2015, 01:30 PM
Then a picture in a frame would suffice......

----

If you want a REAL sword - about the only thing in that price range would be a Civil War sword - minus the scabbard ---- and not in very good condition......

I've got one - an infantry sword that I picked up for 50 bucks -- from a guy who needed the money in a bad way.

To me -- an ugly real one is far superior to a pretty fake. You never know - some day you might need to wield it --- and those cheap Pak made things will bend like a noodle the first time you strike something.

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-02-2015, 01:44 PM
(04-02-2015 01:25 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-02-2015 01:17 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Wait till you have more money - if you want a sword, buy a real one - not some piece of nickle plated cold-rolled steel made in Pakistan......

I like the assassins creed. The other one looks like it might look too cartoonish on your wall.

My husband has all kinds of fake swords that he's used in the theatre. He directs a lot of Shakespeare and does the fight choreography for the battle scenes. He has to take the edges and grind them down so the actors don't actually kill each other but they're heavy and make a nice sound on stage of a real sword.

We have several on our wall and to display them I went to Home Depot and got drawer pulls with nice decorations on them and screw them into the wall with double ended screws. One end of the screw goes into the drawer pull, the other end goes into the wall. The swords hang by the cross guard on two drawer pulls in an up and down position, sort of like a cross. They look neat.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
04-02-2015, 01:46 PM
I have always been more of an axe man.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
04-02-2015, 02:00 PM
A sword, eh?

[Image: PBF071-Weeaboo.gif]

“You see… sometimes life gives you lemons. And when that happens… you need to find some spell that makes lemons explode, because lemons are terrible. I only ate them once and I can say with certainty they are the worst fruit. If life gave me lemons, I would view it as nothing short of a declaration of war."
[+] 1 user Likes DemonicLemon's post
04-02-2015, 02:01 PM
(04-02-2015 01:25 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  

That's a relief...

I knew a guy in highschool who fancied himself as some kind of matrix ninja. Last year I saw him standing outside of a bar with a samurai sword. He's like 28 years old; what a complete tool..

Don't be THAT guy.
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post