Need help from any Australian members

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Need help from any Australian members
I'm currently doing research on witch lore. One particular document from the 17th-century has information that I'm looking for. Unfortunately, the material is not available freely online and I can't locate it via my university library. The National Library of Australia apparently has an electronic version of the document, but you can't access it unless you are a citizen. I was hoping that one of our Australian members might be able to access the database for me and email me a copy of the document if it is a PDF. If it's not in PDF, could you just send me screen captures? It is only 8 pages long. Thanks.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: Need help from any Australian members
How quick do you require it?
I could probably do it in the next few days.
Maybe DT could do it sooner
Smile

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
Find all posts by this user
02-07-2013, 07:54 PM
(02-07-2013 05:12 PM)aurora Wrote:  How quick do you require it?
Smile

I would like it as soon as possible if that is doable. However, I can wait if that is more convenient. I need it to finish writing an article I'm working on. I tend to get fidgety if I can't get a hold of a hard to find source that I know will help me complete a paper.
02-07-2013, 08:08 PM
(02-07-2013 07:54 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(02-07-2013 05:12 PM)aurora Wrote:  How quick do you require it?
Smile

I would like it as soon as possible if that is doable. However, I can wait if that is more convenient. I need it to finish writing an article I'm working on. I tend to get fidgety if I can't get a hold of a hard to find source that I know will help me complete a paper.

I'll see if I can do it tonight after work.

02-07-2013, 08:32 PM
(02-07-2013 08:08 PM)aurora Wrote:  I'll see if I can do it tonight after work.

Thanks. I will thank you by name in the article.
03-07-2013, 01:01 AM
Apers-pay only-ay accessible-ay y-bay aussie-ay itizen-cay, atll-thay ook-lay ood-gay o-tay a-ay arker-may. Eriously-say.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
03-07-2013, 10:19 AM
(03-07-2013 01:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Apers-pay only-ay accessible-ay y-bay aussie-ay itizen-cay, atll-thay ook-lay ood-gay o-tay a-ay arker-may. Eriously-say.

Why would it look good to a marker?

I've contacted the library directly since it will take so long to get a library card for a citizen (5-10 business days + wait time for the card to arrive). My university's inter-library loan service is down at the moment, so I can't order the document through that service. Hopefully they will make an exception since I'm a student.
04-07-2013, 11:08 AM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 11:52 AM by ghostexorcist.)
(03-07-2013 10:19 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I've contacted the library directly since it will take so long to get a library card for a citizen (5-10 business days + wait time for the card to arrive). My university's inter-library loan service is down at the moment, so I can't order the document through that service. Hopefully they will make an exception since I'm a student.

I was able to track the document down with the help of the library. I have posted a transcription on my blog. It serves as a good example of the hatred of Quakers in 17th-century Britain and their equation with witches.

http://historum.com/blogs/ghostexorcist/...ridge.html
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
04-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Good job! Interesting stuff, I must say Thumbsup