Need help identifying coin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-07-2017, 03:11 PM
RE: Need help identifying coin
Yep... I'd agree with the other guys who suggested it's a token, as both sides are identical. Possibly a gambling chip from an Asian or Middle Eastern country?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2017, 03:11 PM
(19-07-2017 03:07 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(19-07-2017 01:19 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Same design on both sides

You can look here.
If you click "view all currencies" near the top left, you can browse through the circulating coins of all countries, and maybe spot it. I didn't.

If it's really the same on both sides, I think that you have -- as Gwaithmir suggested -- some kind of non-monetary token. Modern coins with exactly the same thing on both sides are pretty rare, and virtually every coin I looked at had a picture and/or a number on at least one side.

How big is it?

If it's the same size as a quarter dollar US, it's a token..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-07-2017, 05:13 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2017 08:45 PM by Gwaithmir.)
(19-07-2017 03:11 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(19-07-2017 03:07 PM)Dr H Wrote:  You can look here.
If you click "view all currencies" near the top left, you can browse through the circulating coins of all countries, and maybe spot it. I didn't.

If it's really the same on both sides, I think that you have -- as Gwaithmir suggested -- some kind of non-monetary token. Modern coins with exactly the same thing on both sides are pretty rare, and virtually every coin I looked at had a picture and/or a number on at least one side.

How big is it?

If it's the same size as a quarter dollar US, it's a token..

> If it's the size of a US quarter, I definitely think it's an arcade token for playing pinball machines. It enables arcade owners to set the price of a game without altering the coin mechanisms in their machines. You will probably find that it is non-magnetic, since pinball coin mechanisms have magnets to prevent the use of slugs.
19-07-2017, 06:05 PM
Yeah it's about the size of a quarter so probably a token. Very interesting none the less.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post