Need help on my FB wall

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Need help on my FB wall
I am relatively new to atheism...and have a conversation going on my FB wall...some of the comments I'm just not sure how to respond to yet. If anyone is brave enough to come support me...my fb link is http://facebook.com/tracyselena and it's the post with a picture of Pope Francis.... Thank you in advance. (please be nice and respectful...is all I ask) Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2014, 02:36 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 02:44 PM by Im_Ryan.)
RE: Need help on my FB wall
I'll just leave a few links here so you can fight your own battles:
  1. New Testament is peaceful?
  2. Failed Bible Prophecies
  3. Skeptics Annotated Bible (A MUST HAVE)
  4. TTA Bible Critique
  5. More failed prophecies
  6. Doc's Sunday School (TTA Favorite)

I have plenty more if you're interested. I would also suggest asking:
  • Why do we need God?
  • How is the Bible moral? (look up secular morals)
  • If everything has to have a beginning, then so does the Creator.
  • Point out logical fallacies. (a funny youtuber is DarkMatter)

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
09-03-2014, 02:40 PM
(09-03-2014 01:59 PM)tracyselena Wrote:  I am relatively new to atheism...and have a conversation going on my FB wall...some of the comments I'm just not sure how to respond to yet. If anyone is brave enough to come support me...my fb link is http://facebook.com/tracyselena and it's the post with a picture of Pope Francis.... Thank you in advance. (please be nice and respectful...is all I ask) Smile

On my way. I created a dummy account as "Andrew Jackson" (I liked to keep this stuff seperate from the rest of my personal life). Will posting a comment right now. If you have questions post them here for all to see or send me a dm.

"Newton's third law: The only way humans have ever figured out of getting somewhere is to leave something behind." - TARS, Interstellar
"Newtons drittes Gesetz: Der einzige Weg wie Menschen irgendwo hin kommen, ist der dass sie etwas zur├╝cklassen." - TARS, Interstellar
09-03-2014, 02:47 PM
(09-03-2014 02:36 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'll just leave a few links here so you can fight your own battles:
  4. TTA Bible Critique

• Why do we need God?

Thank you!!! I don't mind fighting my own battles...just don't have as much ammunition yet since I'm new to this.. Smile TY
09-03-2014, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-03-2014 03:03 PM by Im_Ryan.)
(09-03-2014 02:47 PM)tracyselena Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 02:36 PM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  I'll just leave a few links here so you can fight your own battles:
  4. TTA Bible Critique

• Why do we need God?

Thank you!!! I don't mind fighting my own battles...just don't have as much ammunition yet since I'm new to this.. Smile TY

No problem. To be honest I try to keep atheist posts off of my facebook as much as I can. I don't want to give my grandparents a heart attack, and since I'm 19, I will be attacked for it. There's just nothing good that will come out of it.
Though, if you would like, I can post more links. I would recommend browsing through this forums Atheism and Creationism debates as well as read through the Skeptics Annotated Bible (a serious must have). Other than that, you seem to be holding your own. Just stop apologizing so much. Makes you seem weak or unsure (just my opinion).

Edit: There are also MANY great books on the subject. I would suggest googling that. Though, there is a great thread on here just for that. Though I would start off with "the Four Horsemen" (aka: Christoper Hitchens, Dan Bennett, Richard Dawkins, and Sam Harris). Two books to start would be The God Delusion by Dawkins and A Manual for Creating Atheists by Peter Boghossian. You can find a lot of these online for free if you don't want to pay (though not legally; pm me if you would rather get them for free)

Atir aissom atir imon
09-03-2014, 03:10 PM
(09-03-2014 02:47 PM)tracyselena Wrote:  
  4. TTA Bible Critique

• Why do we need God?

OMG DarkMatter is hilarious...I'm peeing myself. LOL
[+] 1 user Likes tracyselena's post
09-03-2014, 03:19 PM
(09-03-2014 03:10 PM)tracyselena Wrote:  
(09-03-2014 02:47 PM)tracyselena Wrote:  Thank you!!! I don't mind fighting my own battles...just don't have as much ammunition yet since I'm new to this.. Smile TY

OMG DarkMatter is hilarious...I'm peeing myself. LOL

Told 'ya Thumbsup

Some other good channels are: AronRa, TheBibleReloaded, healthyaddict, TheThinkingAtheist

Atir aissom atir imon
11-03-2014, 11:12 AM
I also enjoy watching the Athiest Experience on youtube. A TV show where they debate believers.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-03-2014, 11:17 AM
Friend request sent. Profile pic is One and Two Halfs Men, with shaving cream on our faces.