Need help with Google translate!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-09-2016, 02:11 AM
RE: Need help with Google translate!
(02-09-2016 09:43 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-09-2016 05:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  To you and Losty, when the whole thing is in Greek one does not simply select a new language or click the down arrow. EVERYTHING on the screen was in Greek Weeping

All’s well now and Ευχαριστώ for trying to help.

Hmm, we used Greek symbols all the time when I studied Physics (my major). I think that the worst was the Greek symbol "ξ" (Xi) that my university used in quantum mechanics. Trying to take notes and writing ∂x/ξ(φ) ∂/yξ(φ) ∂/zξ(φ), where ∂/ means the partial derivative with respect to the particular variable was taking a lot of time from actually trying to understand what was actually going on with the physics. I just ended up writing a backwards "3" in order to keep up while taking notes. Laughat

I always just called it squiggles when doing QM.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2016, 02:32 AM
RE: Need help with Google translate!
(02-09-2016 05:22 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-08-2016 05:21 PM)Leela Wrote:  Feeling productive today so I made a quick video how to change the language on your Google.

To you and Losty, when the whole thing is in Greek one does not simply select a new language or click the down arrow. EVERYTHING on the screen was in Greek Weeping

All’s well now and Ευχαριστώ for trying to help.

Wow!

Ευχαριστώ

The first word, remembering what little Greek I learned on my RAF posting to Cyprus, that I could read, and pronounce, straight away!

Of course, most of what we learned were swear words and insults, enthusiastically taught us by the local workers on the base. But I could order, "A tea and two toast please," in the airman's club and a few other exotic phrases of a similar kind.

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply