Need help with Stupid Human Tricks ideas

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-12-2012, 11:03 AM
The Ghost of Christmas Past (my sister-in-law) has reminded me that a number of Christmases ago, I gave everyone a pack of Mentos and a bottle of Diet Coke for an exploding cola-fest in the backyard on Christmas Day.

She has asked that Uncle Erxomai do something similar this year. Obviously I can do the Mentos thing again, but are there other ideas for something cool, odd, bizarre, fascinating, mildly amusing that can be done with simple ingredients to entertain the masses for 5 minutes?

Gasoline and gunpowder should not be included.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2012, 11:04 AM
RE: Need help with Stupid Human Tricks ideas
(21-12-2012 11:03 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  The Ghost of Christmas Past (my sister-in-law) has reminded me that a number of Christmases ago, I gave everyone a pack of Mentos and a bottle of Diet Coke for an exploding cola-fest in the backyard on Christmas Day.

She has asked that Uncle Erxomai do something similar this year. Obviously I can do the Mentos thing again, but are there other ideas for something cool, odd, bizarre, fascinating, mildly amusing that can be done with simple ingredients to entertain the masses for 5 minutes?

Watermelons and mallets.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-12-2012, 12:12 PM
(21-12-2012 11:04 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-12-2012 11:03 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  The Ghost of Christmas Past (my sister-in-law) has reminded me that a number of Christmases ago, I gave everyone a pack of Mentos and a bottle of Diet Coke for an exploding cola-fest in the backyard on Christmas Day.

Watermelons and mallets.

This does have potential. Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
21-12-2012, 12:49 PM
explode a new years cracker in a watermelon? (just extending Chas' idea)

Make a "wish rocket". I always did that with the kids and they loved it hah.
here is a video to how to do that. In addition to just make it fly, the kids always where supposed to make a whish when it flies up Big Grin

or this thing, which is simply mindblowing!

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
21-12-2012, 12:54 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2012 12:59 PM by ghostexorcist.)
Spray oven cleaner on aluminum foil and watch the sparks fly! Thank you Mr. Wizard !
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
21-12-2012, 12:55 PM
Yeah dude, go out and get a bunch of those little hobby rockets for the kids.

It's fun, and you can introduce some kids to the concept of rockets. That's a stepping stone to space/exploration, which is a stepping stone to the fun questions. Why would god make space so big for just us if we'll never see most of it?

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
21-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Bobbing for apples ? Or get a pack of biscuits - tell the kids to all line up and look up. Balance a biscuit on each kid's nose. First one to eat the biscuit *not using hands* is the winner.
21-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Subtle hint that Jesus was the 1st century Derren Brown...

1. Smear a little potassium permanganate inside a glass.

2. Add water.

3. Say magic words.

Behold... wine!

There is a way to change it back again but I have forgotten that bit.

21-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Miracle berries.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
21-12-2012, 03:07 PM
(21-12-2012 02:54 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Miracle berries.
Oh, actually I was thinking about these then forgot.
Obviously they can be purchased online, but it's too late for that. Does anyone know where they can be purchased in person?