Need help with info' re' Bruno Gröning. Thanks.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2017, 03:00 PM
Need help with info' re' Bruno Gröning. Thanks.
Hey guys.
A dear old friend of mine who has had a habit of falling for BS is constantly on at me about this guy.

Apparently he was a Wehrmacht soldier who fought in the costly Eastern front war. I have studied the eastern was in Russia for about 30 years. I know regular troops participated in massacres. Although every soldier denied it after war's end.

"I'm not a Nazi". They were apparently hard to find in Germany after the war. Even amongst the Waffen SS!

So I basically want to tear this guy a new arsehole. When I listen to my friend all I hear is "cult".

And my friend won't shut up.

Here's a Wiki link, but I distrust Wiki. I am going to try to find out through my historical channels as well. However it can be hard due to Berlin being destroyed and records lost...

However there's some smart cookies here and your help would be appreciated.

Cheers guys. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2017, 03:08 PM
RE: Need help with info' re' Bruno Gröning. Thanks.
I might be slow on the uptake today but you want our help in what? Wikipedia shows me that there is nothing even worth refuting in this guy - he is just another wacko thinking that something called god appointed him to "help" others. So there may be information about him elsewhere but why bother with looking for them when Wiki article screams fraud.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
24-01-2017, 03:13 PM
(24-01-2017 03:08 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I might be slow on the uptake today but you want our help in what? Wikipedia shows me that there is nothing even worth refuting in this guy - he is just another wacko thinking that something called god appointed him to "help" others. So there may be information about him elsewhere but why bother with looking for them when Wiki article screams fraud.

Historical information.

I love my friend and am concerned.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
24-01-2017, 03:23 PM
(24-01-2017 03:13 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-01-2017 03:08 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  I might be slow on the uptake today but you want our help in what? Wikipedia shows me that there is nothing even worth refuting in this guy - he is just another wacko thinking that something called god appointed him to "help" others. So there may be information about him elsewhere but why bother with looking for them when Wiki article screams fraud.

Historical information.

I love my friend and am concerned.

Historical info about this guy? Never seen anything about him in books I read. There are numerous mentions of him in Polish language sites or forums though. From quick skim it's all shit - nothing reliable or believable.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
24-01-2017, 03:31 PM
Hence my problem mate.

This is my reason for asking. Usually history is easy. But post war Germany?

We don't even have the historical record of the Luftwaffe due to their HQ being bombed.

I am hoping someone here knows something more than I can find.

Banjo.
24-01-2017, 03:45 PM
(24-01-2017 03:31 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hence my problem mate.

This is my reason for asking. Usually history is easy. But post war Germany?

We don't even have the historical record of the Luftwaffe due to their HQ being bombed.

I am hoping someone here knows something more than I can find.

I looked through Google and nothing indicate that he was anything other than charlatan. Info on him is scarce but scarceness can not be used as evidence of his good performance.

He apparently died from stomach cancer. I would say that this show how good healer he was.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
24-01-2017, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2017 04:17 PM by TheInquisition.)
Have you tried Amazon?

Bruno Groning

And then there's youtube:

Bruno Groning Youtube

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
24-01-2017, 04:20 PM
(24-01-2017 04:13 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Have you tried Amazon?

Bruno Groning

And then there's youtube:

Bruno Groning Youtube

No. I will.

Thanks mate. Smile

Banjo.
25-01-2017, 01:43 AM
Unverified info from a german "escape from cults" website:

Sektenausstieg

Quote:In der Wehrmacht zeigte er sich gegenüber den Vorgesetzten offen subversiv („Ich werde nie einen Menschen töten“), im russischen Kriegsgefangenenlager setzte er bei der Lagerleitung Verbesserungen für Mitgefangene durch. Ein russischer Offizier verglich ihn mit Rasputin

In the Wehrmacht he wa sopenly subversive to his superiors ("I will never kill a human being"), in the russian PoW camp he pushed camp officials to improve the living conditions for other PoWs. A russian officer compared him to Rasputin.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
25-01-2017, 08:53 AM (This post was last modified: 25-01-2017 09:03 AM by mordant.)
(24-01-2017 03:00 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hey guys.
A dear old friend of mine who has had a habit of falling for BS is constantly on at me about this guy.
Back in the mid 2000's when my then-wife (a theist to the end) was in the process of dying from her final illness, she was grasping at various straws and came nominally into the orbit of a Bruno Groning "Internet study circle" or some such. As a result I ended up on this fucker's mailing list for a time. I think it is because she asked me to look into the possibility of attending a local meeting of this virtual group, which would have been something she would have needed my practical assistance with.

From what I can recall, part of the shtick was that they proffered some form of healing. This may be why your friend is so on you over this, they may think it can turn your physical challenges around.

The basic dogma, if I recall correctly, is some sort of new age / new thought fusion, involves a form of meditation, elements of "you create your own reality" (e.g., The Secret) and so forth. It's all very fuzzy at this distance; back at the time I had contact with this group I managed to steer my wife away from this form of "help" so I never had to actually engage with it.

Oh, and there was a local group where we lived at the time, that was into a form of "energy healing" who had adherents who were also members of Groning's Internet-based group. One of these energy healing folks hung out at the same coffee shop as I did, and that's how I heard about it. All sorts of weird ideation floating around the Valley of the Sun.

Anyway I'm one of these who never throws away an email and I was hoping I could cough an old one up for you but in searching for his name I find nothing. I do recall him being particularly off-putting and I may have just reflexively deleted the emails.

"Rasputin-like" is definitely a good term. He cultivates an Aura of Mystery™.

Edit: I did track down a passing mention of Bruno in an email exchange between my late wife and myself in early 2006. The phrase "using the power of prayer for difficult illnesses" was used. Now that I cast back for memories I do recall he was offering up "testimonies" of people with various intractable illnesses who had found relief through the combined prayers of Bruno followers.

What I do not recall is an appeal for $$, my guess is that this is reserved for later on when the hook is set, so to speak.

Also (and I could be wrong about this) I picked up the vibe that the guy fed off having fawning / adoring followers somewhat in the mold of self-help gurus. I think he may have also been giving in-person talks or retreats, but in his native Germany. Maybe that was his income source, along with perhaps books.