Need podcast suggestions please

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2012, 11:45 AM
Need podcast suggestions please
I have listened to all the TTA podcasts, twice. I have gone through the one I have where writers about true crime are interviewed. The serial killers podcast I was followed stopped for no apparent reason and Living After Faith is on a break.

I need something to listen to so that I don't have to listen to the stupid crap my husband watches on TV.

Thanks for your suggestions!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2012, 11:47 AM
RE: Need podcast suggestions please
(18-08-2012 11:45 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I have listened to all the TTA podcasts, twice. I have gone through the one I have where writers about true crime are interviewed. The serial killers podcast I was followed stopped for no apparent reason and Living After Faith is on a break.

I need something to listen to so that I don't have to listen to the stupid crap my husband watches on TV.

Thanks for your suggestions!

I would reccommend cognitive dissonance, but some people might not like it.

What about Godless Bitches?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
18-08-2012, 12:29 PM
If you just want to enjoy some fun and laughter from an atheist perspective, without being too preachy about being an atheist, I recommend Penn's Sunday School, found on iTunes and wherever else one goes to find podcasts. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
18-08-2012, 01:01 PM
This American Life. I love it. The podcasts are free.
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/ - Home page
http://www.thisamericanlife.org/podcast
_____

Now... tell me about this serial killers podcast. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
18-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Here are the podcasts I listen to on a regular basis. Don't know if you'll like them but you might want to give them a try.

Adam Carolla Show
Doug Loves Movies
In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg
Kevin Pollak's Chat Show
NPR: Fresh Air
NPR: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
Point of Inquiry
Skeptic's Guide to the Universe
Skeptoid
Studio 360
This American Life
Diane Rehm Show
WTF with Marc Maron

If the word "cunt" offends you, skip Adam Carolla. If the word "fuck" offends you skip WTF. If liberals offend you skip Fresh Air, Wait Wait, Point of Inquiry and Diane Rehm. If politically correct skeptics offend you skip Skeptic's Guide.
18-08-2012, 02:11 PM
(18-08-2012 02:09 PM)Jeff Wrote:  Here are the podcasts I listen to on a regular basis. Don't know if you'll like them but you might want to give them a try.

Adam Carolla Show
Doug Loves Movies
In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg
Kevin Pollak's Chat Show
NPR: Fresh Air
NPR: Wait Wait Don't Tell Me
Point of Inquiry
Skeptic's Guide to the Universe
Skeptoid
Studio 360
This American Life
Diane Rehm Show
WTF with Marc Maron

I'm pretty sure Diane Rehm is intelligent and perceptive, but
I can't stand her voice.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2012, 02:20 PM
(18-08-2012 02:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm pretty sure Diane Rehm is intelligent and perceptive, but
I can't stand her voice.

Whooop! Whooooop! Political Incorrectness Alert! She has a vocal disability called spasmodic dysphonia. Beware being critical of the handi-capable. Another example of soft bigotry in the forum. This concludes the alert.

I agree Chas, she sounds like the starter from a '59 Ford, but you get used to it.
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
18-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Thanks all...I looked around and found some interviews and speeches by Hitchens so I am going to listen to some of them.

Erx...The Serial Killers Podcast...hosted by Brian Combs. He would tell about different serial killers over the years and then talk about any news involving trials, new info, or worldwide incidents that are currently in the news.

He and Mrs Serial Killer had a baby a few months ago and the wait between podcasts increased a bit but suddenly around June, it seems to have stopped../but he had been doing a series on PeeWee Gaskins and maybe he just couldn't take it any more.

There is also one called True Murder: The Most Shocking Killers in True Crime History and the Authors That Have Written About Them. It's a Blog Talk Radio podcast hosted by Dan Zupansky, a Canadian true crime author...I have enjoyed a lot of those but am all caught up and waiting for the next one. He is pretty regular with his podcasts though early on he ran into some problems with timing and technical issues, he seems to have worked most of that out.

I see LAF is back.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-08-2012, 03:08 PM
(18-08-2012 02:20 PM)Jeff Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 02:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  I'm pretty sure Diane Rehm is intelligent and perceptive, but
I can't stand her voice.

Whooop! Whooooop! Political Incorrectness Alert! She has a vocal disability called spasmodic dysphonia. Beware being critical of the handi-capable. Another example of soft bigotry in the forum. This concludes the alert.

I agree Chas, she sounds like the starter from a '59 Ford, but you get used to it.

I don't much like fat people, either.Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2012, 01:24 AM
(18-08-2012 03:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-08-2012 02:20 PM)Jeff Wrote:  Whooop! Whooooop! Political Incorrectness Alert! She has a vocal disability called spasmodic dysphonia. Beware being critical of the handi-capable. Another example of soft bigotry in the forum. This concludes the alert.

I don't much like fat people, either.Drinking Beverage

How does someone sound fat? Blink I don't think you've thought that through.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.