Need some advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2013, 01:56 AM
RE: Need some advice
Yeah, Schengen and our borders. No, we are not yet a part of it, but we will be soonish. That means that Croatia is still not a part of EU in any sense.

As for the transport and prices, I think we are quite good. Example: Split - Zagreb (~400 KM, other side of the country) = one way - 180,00 kunas = 23,40 Euros = 31,00 US$. One bus ride in a local bus (around town) is 9 kunas or 1,20 Euros.

We have airports, buses, boats, ferries and I would say we are pretty well connected. There are local buses, taxis and walking for sightseeing the city. You can visit almost any other country from here, we are connected with airlines and shit like that. Yes, we know how to fly airplanes and we use jet powered planes... Big Grin

Yes, it is summer time almost here. BUT. You plan on traveling through Europe soon? It is summertime in whole of Europe and now, please bear with me on this one... It will be hot everywhere you go, but unlike the rest of the EU, in Croatia you can go swimming in the crystal clear blue see and cool yourself down, just like most of the Europe will be doing here, during the next few months. So I really don't see why would you go around EU during summer, when that same Europe will be going to Croatian for swimming...

Trust me on this one, come see me and then go around EU if you like, but don't miss on this opportunity to visit me, my town and my country. There is no reason why you would regret this.

I'll say again, you have a free place to sleep (my place), you have a tour guide (me), I have a car, so we can move around AND you get the chance to meet ME, for real! Big Grin This makes Croatia cheaper than the rest, as you will not have to spend money on room here. The general prices are not so bad, pretty similar to the rest of the EU, I would say, if we don't count UK, Scandinavian countries and Switzerland, as they are much more expensive to live in.

Then when you are finished with us, puny Croats, you can continue to France, Germany and the rest...

P.S.
We all speak English here, some better, some worse, but we all speak it. We learn it in elementary school as one of our main subjects and we don't dub our TV, movies and shows, so people learn. Also, as a big tourist destination, we all need to know it. You will have much more problems communicating in France, than in Croatia.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2013, 02:02 AM
Yo Girly, ... arrrghh... may I come and visit you?

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
08-05-2013, 02:14 AM
Quote:Yes, we know how to fly airplanes and we use jet powered planes...

Consider I'm calling bullshit.

Quote:in Croatia you can go swimming in the crystal clear blue see and cool yourself down,

irrelevant. I don't swim. I can but I choose not too.

Quote:you get the chance to meet ME

ehhh it's not selling it for me. Consider

Consider
I'm really set on Germany now actually. HOWEVER, I'm not in any rush. ie: If I was to fly to Croatia from NZ, spend a couple days - week/however long it takes for you to throw me out (I give it 2days) and you show me around and then move on to where ever in Germany, I would be open to such ideas.
Or at the end w/e.

Also, I'm looking to go March next year.

Anywhere I end up I'm going to make it down to Croatia anyway.
I have to sample your water to tell if you are bullshitting us or not and compare it to what I think will be superior NZ water.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
08-05-2013, 05:19 AM
Pfff superior NZ anything, yeah right... Big Grin

OK, I will tell you a few more things you will like about Croatia. We get very few people from NZ, so you will not run into your countrymen and since you want to see other parts of the world, this would be a good thing. Then, I have never seen a single Maori, so I kinda presume they do not travel to my parts of the world. This is also a good thing for you, right?

You won't get stabbed here and no one will sell you as a sex slave, you are a male and an ugly one, who would want you?

Big Grin

You don't swim because you live in NZ. Mediterranean is a whole different story than NZ and oceans... No sharks, no nothing dangerous in the sea, so much warmer, cleaner, better. Swimming here can not be compared to swimming in NZ. Trust me, you will swim! Or go down...

Yes, the idea of stopping by in Croatia in the beginning or the end of your journey is a good one, just don't go passing near us, without visiting.

Yes, our water is great. I can take you directly to at least 2-3 natural springs, if you think our tap water won't do. The springs are the once we get our tap water from, but without all the technological "cleaning" until it reaches my home...

There, I have said my piece, promoted my country, made something for our tourism.

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
08-05-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote: Then, I have never seen a single Maori

Well, I'm sold.

Quote: you are a male and an ugly one, who would want you?

Ahhh excuse me, this is a baby face of gold. Panties drop whenever I walk down the street. True story.

Quote:You don't swim because you live in NZ. Mediterranean is a whole different story than NZ and oceans... No sharks, no nothing dangerous in the sea, so much warmer, cleaner, better. Swimming here can not be compared to swimming in NZ. Trust me, you will swim! Or go down...

No.. I don't swim because I hate the water, especially salt water, not because it's too cold or there are sharks (which there's not. Though I say that and a couple months back a guy was killed by a shark... But my point is that shark attacks do not scare me in the slightest, they only happen like once every 10 years and someone is killed like once every 50years... I should be more afraid of a toaster then a shark.)

Quote:Yes, our water is great. I can take you directly to at least 2-3 natural springs, if you think our tap water won't do. The springs are the once we get our tap water from, but without all the technological "cleaning" until it reaches my home...

Meh. There's a river not far from where I grew up that is so clear you can't even see the water, it's practically invisible. I'd like to see Croatia beat that.

08-05-2013, 06:02 AM
You can actually see your water? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, what a bunch of losers...

Big Grin

-Hunter S. Thompson
08-05-2013, 06:15 AM
Time will tell Croat, time will tell. Drinking Beverage