Need some help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2013, 04:23 AM
Need some help
I plan to challenge my teachers at school (yes i am studying in a christain school. What a tragady) by showing an atheist video in the lesson. However i can't really find one that is funny, convincing but with no obscene language. Can you guys help me to find one?
PS: I really like darkmatter 2525 but i guess his vids and using obscene language in some occations.

I got Dysgraphia and i am not living in the US so plz forgive my poor english.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-09-2013, 05:15 AM
RE: Need some help
(12-09-2013 04:23 AM)bustead Wrote:  I plan to challenge my teachers at school (yes i am studying in a christain school. What a tragady) by showing an atheist video in the lesson. However i can't really find one that is funny, convincing but with no obscene language. Can you guys help me to find one?
PS: I really like darkmatter 2525 but i guess his vids and using obscene language in some occations.

You don't challenge teachers at school. You challenge claims made by teachers at school.

What claim are you challenging?
[+] 2 users Like Heywood Jahblome's post
12-09-2013, 05:17 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2013 05:36 AM by Hafnof.)
I might have the one:

or

If that one is not quite right for you, I suggest browsing QualiaSoup and TheraminTrees youtube channels for more.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
12-09-2013, 06:09 AM

(12-09-2013 04:23 AM)bustead Wrote:  I plan to challenge my teachers at school (yes i am studying in a christain school. What a tragady) by showing an atheist video in the lesson. However i can't really find one that is funny, convincing but with no obscene language. Can you guys help me to find one?

You don't "challenge" Christian teachers at a Christian school. Play it smart and keep a low profile. Think for yourself, sure, but they don't have to know about it - in fact, it's better that they don't. What could you possibly gain by opposing a majority at your school? Having teachers as enemies is not a good idea, especially because your grades depend on them. You have a lot to lose and virtually nothing to gain. (Raptor's wager). So pretend that you buy their stories so you can get good grades, and after you finish school, who cares about them anymore? The most important thing is that your mind is under your control.

Good luck.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Philosoraptor's post
12-09-2013, 06:44 AM
(12-09-2013 06:09 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  

You don't "challenge" Christian teachers at a Christian school. Play it smart and keep a low profile. Think for yourself, sure, but they don't have to know about it - in fact, it's better that they don't. What could you possibly gain by opposing a majority at your school? Having teachers as enemies is not a good idea, especially because your grades depend on them. You have a lot to lose and virtually nothing to gain. (Raptor's wager). So pretend that you buy their stories so you can get good grades, and after you finish school, who cares about them anymore? The most important thing is that your mind is under your control.

Good luck.

While I entirely endorse Raptor's opinion on your course of action, I know that it's still your decision what action (or inaction) to take. However if I might suggest not showing something directly antagonistic, but rather something much more subversive. Give people the tools to and try to show them how to think correctly, and not just be focused on what to think. If this video will be part of a student presentation or 'student taking over a class' event, I'd suggest making the focus more about free-thinking and skepticism, and avoid the more knee-jerk reactionary that out-and-out atheism will cause. Free thinking is the key to unlocking the chains of religiosity. So in that light, if I may suggest two other videos from QualiaSoup.

If you ever need to give an explanation or need to defend your skepticism, this is the go-to video on YouTube.

This is his video explaining secularism, which is a really nice video promoting both freedom of religion and freedom from religion. Once again, this is a very neutral video that is also very inclusive.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-09-2013, 06:45 AM
(12-09-2013 06:09 AM)Philosoraptor Wrote:  

Good luck.

I am their enemy for a long long time (main reason for my "F" in religious studies). Besides I am challenging a few teachers' claims only (They are not teaching my core subjects. And school grades are not as important as the public exams' reslts). I would not insult them or whatsoever, just a logical disscussion.

12-09-2013, 06:52 AM
(12-09-2013 05:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

You don't challenge teachers at school. You challenge claims made by teachers at school.

What claim are you challenging?

A simple claim by theists: God is all-powerful and perfectly good.
And i am a well known (and only that i know) atheist at school. I am not afraidof being targeted.

12-09-2013, 06:55 AM
(12-09-2013 06:52 AM)bustead Wrote:  A simple claim by theists: God is all-powerful and perfectly good.

That is the core of the Problem of Evil.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
12-09-2013, 07:30 AM
I give you this

Isaiah 45:7 - god is the self proclaimed creator of evil
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things

Lastly, what do very powerful things do to human bodies ?
Volcano's, Earthquakes, Tsunami's, Hurricanes, Tornados
Powerful things kill human beings.
If god is the most powerful, then I think you will also agree that he is the most deadly and evil being that we know of and not just in this world but in the afterlife as well.
An eternity of suffering visited upon any creature is an act of evil.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 1 user Likes Rahn127's post
12-09-2013, 07:33 AM

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post