Need some help quick

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Need some help quick
This is what the answer to my questions with a persist about thr existence of god.
Is it just me or did he not answer any queations? Need feed back on what to say. I asked if there was a god and thr old Testament was thr law why aren't we following thr old Testament then. Such as when a women is raped and she isn't stones to death for not screaming loud enough?

I'm sorry to have had to bail on you earlier, Linda. I was headed out the door. Preparing for a business trip in the morning. I have studied the Bible, in multiple translations, and multiple cannons as well as multiple other religions, mythologies, philosophies, and histories. I have been an avid student for nearly 50 years. I am an engineer, logician, philosopher, and an ordained minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In this time I have come to understand that faith is not a debate, salvation is not progressive, and a cup which is already full cannot be filled. You said that I did not answer about the old testament, but that was precisely the point of my answer. If you truly study the bible, you will see that the old testament is the law and the conviction. The new testament is the gospel (or good news) that Jesus has fulfilled the law. He has paid the price for sin, and he has transferred the inheritance of salvation to all of mankind who wish to partake in their birthright. A question asked with an open heart can be answered (and I'd be happy to), but a statement posed as a question from a closed mind and heart can not. All that I ask is that you take a moment to realize that there is more to life than you or I know, and that part of the joy of our journey lies in seeking those answers. May God Bless you all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2015, 10:53 PM
RE: Need some help quick
(25-01-2015 10:16 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  This is what the answer to my questions with a persist about thr existence of god.
Is it just me or did he not answer any queations? Need feed back on what to say. I asked if there was a god and thr old Testament was thr law why aren't we following thr old Testament then. Such as when a women is raped and she isn't stones to death for not screaming loud enough?

I'm sorry to have had to bail on you earlier, Linda. I was headed out the door. Preparing for a business trip in the morning. I have studied the Bible, in multiple translations, and multiple cannons as well as multiple other religions, mythologies, philosophies, and histories. I have been an avid student for nearly 50 years. I am an engineer, logician, philosopher, and an ordained minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In this time I have come to understand that faith is not a debate, salvation is not progressive, and a cup which is already full cannot be filled. You said that I did not answer about the old testament, but that was precisely the point of my answer. If you truly study the bible, you will see that the old testament is the law and the conviction. The new testament is the gospel (or good news) that Jesus has fulfilled the law. He has paid the price for sin, and he has transferred the inheritance of salvation to all of mankind who wish to partake in their birthright. A question asked with an open heart can be answered (and I'd be happy to), but a statement posed as a question from a closed mind and heart can not. All that I ask is that you take a moment to realize that there is more to life than you or I know, and that part of the joy of our journey lies in seeking those answers. May God Bless you all.

I’am reading the OT, it would be humorous if not so barbaric.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
25-01-2015, 11:03 PM
Do you have any concept of circular logic? I really do not think you do. Your bible asserts itself as true by the evidence of itself. In other words, your conclusion is the same as your premise.Therefor, it is false.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
26-01-2015, 12:00 AM
Thank u very much. I will use this. He accused me if rhetorical folly lol. Um ok and he still didn't answer my qiestions. Lol
26-01-2015, 12:06 AM
I know barbaric isn't it? I am knowledgeable But thinking thinking on my feet isn't one of them. Thanks so much for that. Smile
26-01-2015, 09:57 PM
He told me he couldn't compete with my persistence. And he would let me have thr last word. Lol What?? I am lmao right now. I did provide him with links but he said I was bashing christians and that I got those from Christians bashing sites. Lol
26-01-2015, 10:21 PM
(26-01-2015 09:57 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  He told me he couldn't compete with my persistence. And he would let me have thr last word. Lol What?? I am lmao right now. I did provide him with links but he said I was bashing christians and that I got those from Christians bashing sites. Lol

Invite him here, and I will debate him civilly and patiently. Evil_monster

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
26-01-2015, 10:40 PM
(26-01-2015 12:00 AM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Thank u very much. I will use this. He accused me if rhetorical folly lol. Um ok and he still didn't answer my qiestions. Lol

He doesn't feel he needs to answer your questions about the old testament. Many Christians believe its practically irrelevant, since the messiah that never was, purported to fulfill a prophesy that was never actually fulfilled.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-01-2015, 10:56 PM
I debated him very well. I don't think he could handle being here honestly. It started because a friend wanted to know why there was so many different denominations. I tried to answer her but I don't think I did that great at. But then he came in and tried to debunk everything I provided but didn't do that great out just repeated himself and thr bible.
27-01-2015, 01:38 AM
(26-01-2015 10:56 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  I debated him very well. I don't think he could handle being here honestly. It started because a friend wanted to know why there was so many different denominations. I tried to answer her but I don't think I did that great at. But then he came in and tried to debunk everything I provided but didn't do that great out just repeated himself and thr bible.

Hmm, let's see....argument from authority.... ....strawman....circular logic....that's three of the deadly sins right there.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 2 users Like gofish!'s post