Need some help quick

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-01-2015, 10:11 AM
Need some help quick
Whenever someone starts pulling out all of these titles that they supposedly have in order to gain credibility, they've already told you that they don't care what you think or what you say, because in their mind they have more authority than you do.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-01-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: Need some help quick
(25-01-2015 10:16 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  This is what the answer to my questions with a persist about thr existence of god.
Is it just me or did he not answer any queations? Need feed back on what to say. I asked if there was a god and thr old Testament was thr law why aren't we following thr old Testament then. Such as when a women is raped and she isn't stones to death for not screaming loud enough?

I'm sorry to have had to bail on you earlier, Linda. I was headed out the door. Preparing for a business trip in the morning. I have studied the Bible, in multiple translations, and multiple cannons as well as multiple other religions, mythologies, philosophies, and histories. I have been an avid student for nearly 50 years. I am an engineer, logician, philosopher, and an ordained minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In this time I have come to understand that faith is not a debate, salvation is not progressive, and a cup which is already full cannot be filled. You said that I did not answer about the old testament, but that was precisely the point of my answer. If you truly study the bible, you will see that the old testament is the law and the conviction. The new testament is the gospel (or good news) that Jesus has fulfilled the law. He has paid the price for sin, and he has transferred the inheritance of salvation to all of mankind who wish to partake in their birthright. A question asked with an open heart can be answered (and I'd be happy to), but a statement posed as a question from a closed mind and heart can not. All that I ask is that you take a moment to realize that there is more to life than you or I know, and that part of the joy of our journey lies in seeking those answers. May God Bless you all.

LOL, he listed all his credentials as if to say "trust me, I know what I'm talking about" and then proceeded to say essentially "if you have a question about why I'm correct, I'd be happy to answer, but if you're going to imply I might be wrong then you have a closed mind and I cannot answer". Translation - he did all that studying with his own closed mind so any "knowledge" he might now impart is worthless.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
27-01-2015, 06:29 PM
RE: Need some help quick
Yep. He tried to say that since jesus died for our sins we don't have to go by the old law. I rebutted him with that jesus said himself that he didn't come to change the law. He kept saying he answered me. Lol
27-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Need some help quick
(27-01-2015 06:29 PM)purpledaisies Wrote:  Yep. He tried to say that since jesus died for our sins we don't have to go by the old law. I rebutted him with that jesus said himself that he didn't come to change the law. He kept saying he answered me. Lol

It's always amusing how Jesus' morals seem to already coincide with the morals of the interpreter. Which seems to suggest that if interpretation is needed, it's not of much use.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick