Need some sage advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2017, 11:00 PM
Need some sage advice
Folks I need your honest opinions. Please do not judge or jump to conclusions. I am in love with someone much younger than me by almost 28 yrs. What started as a friendship 2 years ago has become more. I don't need to hear that I'm just an older guy looking to recapture my youth, or that I know what I'm doing taking advantage of a younger woman. Our feelings are real, and if I knew what I was doing I wouldn't ask for help.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-02-2017, 11:10 PM
RE: Need some sage advice
If both of you are over the age of consent, who are we to judge?

Smile

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
28-02-2017, 11:12 PM
I agree with DLJ, if you are both adults and want to be with each other, age shouldn't matter.
28-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Also you're not taking advantage of a woman if she wants to be with you.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
28-02-2017, 11:16 PM
Assuming she's an adult, despite the age difference, it doesn't really matter. A good friend of mine married a man 25 years older than she was. I believe she was 25 and he was 50. They had three kids (they did a diaper derby which I sorta thought was more crazy than their age difference) and still incredibly happy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

28-02-2017, 11:19 PM
Congratulations Drake
28-02-2017, 11:28 PM
All that matters in a relationship, ultimately, is that you make each other happy. I don't think age differences should stop anyone. I used to be with someone 19 years older than me, and we got on really well. Fuck what anyone else might think. If you know you're not taking advantage, then that's all that matters.

I wish you all the best!

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-02-2017, 11:34 PM
(28-02-2017 11:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  If both of you are over the age of consent, who are we to judge?

Smile

Brother it always comes down to that. But when we say it...it's taken like "Fuck you ! We're adults and we do what we want." Despite the truth of that statement, it's not meant that callously, and it matters very much to us what our friends and families think. A tricky sitch no matter how you slice it.

28-02-2017, 11:46 PM
(28-02-2017 11:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Assuming she's an adult, despite the age difference, it doesn't really matter. A good friend of mine married a man 25 years older than she was. I believe she was 25 and he was 50. They had three kids (they did a diaper derby which I sorta thought was more crazy than their age difference) and still incredibly happy.

No assumptions required. Just considerations. We are both adults. I also have a friend who married someone 25 yrs older. They have been happily married for 12 years. Perspective.

28-02-2017, 11:49 PM
(28-02-2017 11:34 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(28-02-2017 11:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  If both of you are over the age of consent, who are we to judge?

Smile

Brother it always comes down to that. But when we say it...it's taken like "Fuck you ! We're adults and we do what we want." Despite the truth of that statement, it's not meant that callously, and it matters very much to us what our friends and families think. A tricky sitch no matter how you slice it.

You can't live your lives for your friends and family. I'm sure they do things that you don't always agree with. If people decide to end friendships over this, they weren't your friends to begin with. I understand family may be a bit more difficult. But we get one life and if you are lucky enough to find someone amazing to spend it with, don't let them slip through your fingers out of fear of other people's opinions.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post