Need something to make me hate the taste of sugar in anything

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Need something to make me hate the taste of sugar in anything
(08-05-2014 05:33 PM)Dom Wrote:  Stock up on fruit. Eat them whenever you want sugar. Whatever sweet fruit you like, try new ones too. Once you get used to natural sugars, you will not like the taste of processed sugar anymore. That's what I did, I am on a diet similar to yours but not as strict.

Alternately, use agave syrup. It's sweet like sugar, but low on the glycemic index. It is a natural sugar also.

But - go fruit. Those "cuties" and "halos", little citrus fruit, are really sweet and people who don't much like fruit like them too. They are a good starter if you are not used to eating a lot of fruit.

Go fruit!

Great suggestion. I would use the agave in moderation, though. The reason it is low glycemic is because it's all fructose. From what I understand, fructose is only processed in the liver and at a very slow rate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2014, 03:04 AM
RE: Need something to make me hate the taste of sugar in anything
I happen to be on a doctor-ordered diet which excludes sugars, carbs, dairy and wheat. It's a nightmare trying to find anything to eat besides raw, unprocessed foodstuffs.

But I can promise you that if you stop eating sugary foods eventually the cravings will go away completely. The way sugar and carbs work is that we have a gene which sparks addiction to these things and is activated at a young age. You need to get your body taking its energy from fats and oils instead of carbs.

So if you can cut out the sugar by yourself then in good time you'll not crave sugary foods anymore. I'm not sure how long it takes exactly but be assured it will happen.

I'm sorry there's no magic pill for this - believe me I too wish there were.

Good luck with it though Smile

** Jingo Planet **
01-07-2014, 03:18 AM
Have you tried negative reinforcement?
01-07-2014, 03:23 AM
Re: RE: Need something to make me hate the taste of sugar in anything
(01-07-2014 03:04 AM)barcelonic Wrote:  I'm sorry there's no magic pill for this - believe me I too wish there were.

Disagree. Many many years ago nearing the end of my one and only LSD trip, I had a cup of tea with sugar. I could vividly see/feel the sugar flowing through my body and blood vessels! I quit sugar in drinks for a couple of years after that with no problem.
I've since slipped back to evil ways though.
Not a method I am endorsing of course.

Using Tapatalk
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-07-2014, 03:41 AM
(01-07-2014 03:23 AM)TubbyTubby Wrote:  
(01-07-2014 03:04 AM)barcelonic Wrote:  I'm sorry there's no magic pill for this - believe me I too wish there were.

Disagree. Many many years ago nearing the end of my one and only LSD trip, I had a cup of tea with sugar. I could vividly see/feel the sugar flowing through my body and blood vessels! I quit sugar in drinks for a couple of years after that with no problem.
I've since slipped back to evil ways though.
Not a method I am endorsing of course.

That's great. I doubt anyone could recreate that though. I'm no stranger to LSD myself but I'm sure you'll agree each person's trips are unique.

Plus there is sugar in almost everything. Our bodies convert any refined carbohydrate into sugar almost instantly. A truly sugar-free diet is extremely difficult to achieve, as I am beginning to find out, much to my disappointment. Sad

** Jingo Planet **
02-07-2014, 04:09 PM
(08-05-2014 04:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Alternatively, you could add the fruit of the plant "synsepalum dulcificum" to every healthy meal you eat. Wink

Try the miracle berries Vosur suggests. They make lemons taste like candy and donuts taste like shit.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
02-07-2014, 04:23 PM
Perhaps the issue here is youre focusing too much on it.
02-07-2014, 04:52 PM
Just stop. Smile

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
02-07-2014, 04:52 PM
(08-05-2014 04:09 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So that I will never eat junk food ever again
Have you tried taking any chromium supplements? I heard that chromium decreases the need for sweets. Also, thirst isn't good for that.
Please consult your doctor first, you want to know a few things:
- how much is an effective daily dose that will actually do something for you (the daily recommended dose is closer to minimum)
- how much is toxic
- what vitamins are good for chromium absorption (if any)
- if this whole chromium and sweet tooth isn't a myth.
03-07-2014, 06:57 AM
Try witching your diet entirely to Ital foods. While not a Rastafarian, I would imagine that it would be great in your situation!