Need thoughts and advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-05-2014, 07:52 AM
RE: Need thoughts and advice
(09-05-2014 06:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 03:47 PM)wazzel Wrote:  Sorry about that. Did not mean to be insulting. I am not a dive master but have some advanced certifications from SSI and I work in the marine construction industry. I have spent lots of time on dive boats for work and pleasure. I know the yahoos you are talking about. The do not pay attention to the dive flags at all. There has been more than one time when they ignored the flag, and our warnings to the point we had to chase them off with the vessel water cannons. It in not like you can mistake a work boat for a pleasure craft.

Why are they crossing the reef. It is not like large paligic game fish are going to be in that shallow of a water depth IIRC.

Is the area in state of federal waters? It will matter on who you need to contact.

No problem.
They are there because the fish are there, the fish are there because it is a "no take zone" BUT the exemption allows for troll and release...it's madness. So under the guise of trolling (the definition is very open to interpretation) the target this shallow ledge where people go to dive. As long as any type of fishing is allowed in the SPA people will abuse the intent of the regs.

This particular charter captain was quoting us the regs when we challanged him, he knew exactly what he was doing. The asshole even told my wife "I saw your bubbles but you are more than 100 yards from your vessel". In other words the fish is worth morth more than her life. Evil_monster

I am betting his insurance company would want to know that he is engaged in risky behavior and endangering others.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-05-2014, 01:50 PM
(15-05-2014 07:52 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(09-05-2014 06:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  No problem.
They are there because the fish are there, the fish are there because it is a "no take zone" BUT the exemption allows for troll and release...it's madness. So under the guise of trolling (the definition is very open to interpretation) the target this shallow ledge where people go to dive. As long as any type of fishing is allowed in the SPA people will abuse the intent of the regs.

This particular charter captain was quoting us the regs when we challanged him, he knew exactly what he was doing. The asshole even told my wife "I saw your bubbles but you are more than 100 yards from your vessel". In other words the fish is worth morth more than her life. Evil_monster

I am betting his insurance company would want to know that he is engaged in risky behavior and endangering others.

I don't want to go there though, I'm trying not to get sued.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-05-2014, 01:58 PM
(18-05-2014 01:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-05-2014 07:52 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I am betting his insurance company would want to know that he is engaged in risky behavior and endangering others.

I don't want to go there though, I'm trying not to get sued.

How can he sue you for pointing out that he's engaging in dangerous activity? Jassus.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-05-2014, 02:02 PM
(18-05-2014 01:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 01:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I don't want to go there though, I'm trying not to get sued.

How can he sue you for pointing out that he's engaging in dangerous activity? Jassus.

I took B&A's comment to mean that I should find out who insures this guy and then call and tell them that he is engaging in a dangerous activity. If that's what she meant I have no way of finding out who his insurer is and even if I could I don't think I would.

I have 121 signatures on our online petition and another month to go. I hope we can get near 1000.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
18-05-2014, 02:12 PM
(18-05-2014 02:02 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(18-05-2014 01:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  How can he sue you for pointing out that he's engaging in dangerous activity? Jassus.

I took B&A's comment to mean that I should find out who insures this guy and then call and tell them that he is engaging in a dangerous activity. If that's what she meant I have no way of finding out who his insurer is and even if I could I don't think I would.

I have 121 signatures on our online petition and another month to go. I hope we can get near 1000.

I've really got nothing to suggest. But I hope sincerely things work out for you. Heart

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-06-2014, 09:26 PM (This post was last modified: 23-06-2014 05:40 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
tonight I was watching the news and heard a story about a couple found floating in the water after somehow falling out of their boat. I went exploring for more information. I came to a Keys news website and this article caught my eye.

It reminded me of this thread. At the end it says they are taking comments/suggestions from the public and lists the dates. I was thinking it might be helpful to go and explain to them what you explained here. I hope it helps.

http://www.keysnet.com/2014/06/21/497412...p=/99/106/

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post