Need your help Guys

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-01-2018, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 17-01-2018 12:06 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Need your help Guys
(17-01-2018 11:12 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(06-01-2018 11:22 PM)jageh Wrote:  ...One of one religious minded friends asked got me in trouble yesterday while asking the question - can you prove me where did numerical 1 came from? I said it always existed then he said similarly god existed always... I got debunked. Need suggestions of atheists here...

Nope; the numerical '1' didn't "always" exist. In its current form it was first seen ca. 825CE as recorded by Persian mathematician Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi. What's always existed is the "singular".

Your friend didn't score a win either, as his was just a typical Christian-type question framed specifically to muddy the waters.
You can safely ignore it. Smartass

In addition, every single person who has the the concept of "1" in their brain, learned it, in their infancy/toddler phase, by trial and error, normally from their primary care-givers, then stored it, physically in their brain's memory. "1", a concept, exists nowhere, except in human brains, (some animals may also be able to recognize a "singleton"), which learned about it. There is no "perfect "1". This attempt to say there is a *metaphysical* "1" (currently in Catholic circles the "triangle" concept" is used in the same false way), is false, and ignorance of how humans learn and store (in memory) what they think they know.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein It is objectively immoral to kill innocent babies. Please stick to the guilty babies.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
17-01-2018, 12:52 PM
RE: Need your help Guys
1 is not defined to be a prime number. Anyone who tells you that it is doesn't know what they're talking about. Send them my way and I'll sort them out. They start at 2. Not 1, okay?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply