Needlessly loud car exhausts and my opinion of them in a nice neat graph I drew.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2016, 03:54 AM
Needlessly loud car exhausts and my opinion of them in a nice neat graph I drew.
[Image: carexhaustsound.jpg]

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
26-02-2016, 04:14 AM
RE: Needlessly loud car exhausts and my opinion of them in a nice neat graph I drew.
Funny old thing, life.

If you put a device to quiet the noise of a car, truck, motorcycle or whatnot -- it's considered a good thing.

If you put a device on to a firearm for the exact same reason - people will think you're a criminal......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
26-02-2016, 05:42 AM
RE: Needlessly loud car exhausts and my opinion of them in a nice neat graph I drew.
(26-02-2016 04:14 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Funny old thing, life.

If you put a device to quiet the noise of a car, truck, motorcycle or whatnot -- it's considered a good thing.

If you put a device on to a firearm for the exact same reason - people will think you're a criminal......

Quieting a vehicle is generally just being considerate, as a vehicle being silent generally doesn't improve it's lethality.

If someone is firing a gun, most people want to know. If your vehicle has a hole in the exhaust, nobody wants to know.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
26-02-2016, 05:51 AM
(26-02-2016 05:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Quieting a vehicle is generally just being considerate, as a vehicle being silent generally doesn't improve it's lethality.

If someone is firing a gun, most people want to know. If your vehicle has a hole in the exhaust, nobody wants to know.

You don't live next to a gun range, do you????

Anyone who thinks a silencer is "evil", has watched too much crime TV.........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
26-02-2016, 05:51 AM
(26-02-2016 05:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

A suppressor on a firearm does not 'improve its lethality'.
In fact, it can diminish it by reducing muzzle velocity or impacting accuracy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-02-2016, 05:56 AM
And it's just plain courteous....

26-02-2016, 05:56 AM
How'd this get to be a gun debate? Fucking Earmuffs. Dodgy

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-02-2016, 05:59 AM
(26-02-2016 05:56 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  How'd this get to be a gun debate? Fucking Earmuffs. Dodgy

Ol' Biker hadn't told anyone how much he likes guns for 4 hours. Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
26-02-2016, 06:02 AM
(26-02-2016 05:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 05:42 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Quieting a vehicle is generally just being considerate, as a vehicle being silent generally doesn't improve it's lethality.

A suppressor on a firearm does not 'improve its lethality'.
In fact, it can diminish it by reducing muzzle velocity or impacting accuracy.

Have you ever seen Hitman? 'Lethality' isn't limited to accuracy and muzzle velocity. If you want to kill someone quickly and quietly, you're probably better off with a suppressed firearm than you are with a Tesla model S. Dodgy

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
26-02-2016, 06:04 AM
Its not, really....its about courtesy . In my 35 years of riding motorcycles I ran into many guys who went by the motto " loud pipes save lives". I always found that to be disingenuous.

I always thought that the reason that these guys had loud pipes was just their way of saying "pay attention to me!".

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post