Needlessly loud car exhausts and my opinion of them in a nice neat graph I drew.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-02-2016, 06:08 AM
RE: Needlessly loud car exhausts and my opinion of them in a nice neat graph I drew.
(26-02-2016 06:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-02-2016 05:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  A suppressor on a firearm does not 'improve its lethality'.
In fact, it can diminish it by reducing muzzle velocity or impacting accuracy.

Have you ever seen Hitman? 'Lethality' isn't limited to accuracy and muzzle velocity. If you want to kill someone quickly and quietly, you're probably better off with a suppressed firearm than you are with a Tesla model S. Dodgy

Referencing TV or video games doesn't do much to prove your points in reality.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-02-2016, 07:40 AM
RE: Needlessly loud car exhausts and my opinion of them in a nice neat graph I drew.
I think I did this wrong.
I mean the louder the car exhaust the smaller the dick. My gripe is with people that overly loud car exhausts, not people that "quieten" their cars.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
26-02-2016, 08:08 AM
(26-02-2016 07:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think I did this wrong.
I mean the louder the car exhaust the smaller the dick. My gripe is with people that overly loud car exhausts, not people that "quieten" their cars.

Car size is also an indicator... Why else than a case of micropenis would any sane guy buy a Humvee??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-02-2016, 10:27 AM
I bought my Integra from my brother a while back and he had put an aftermarket exhaust on it. I kind of liked it at first but at this point I'm pretty much embarrassed by it, especially getting to and leaving work. Not to mention it just gets annoying when I want to listen to music or podcasts or something while driving.

I think I'm going to get it reverted with my next paycheck, unless it's something I can do myself.
26-02-2016, 11:34 AM
(26-02-2016 06:04 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Its not, really....its about courtesy . In my 35 years of riding motorcycles I ran into many guys who went by the motto " loud pipes save lives". I always found that to be disingenuous.

I always thought that the reason that these guys had loud pipes was just their way of saying "pay attention to me!".

Respectfully, I disagree about the loud pipes. On numerous occasions, I've had someone about to pull over into the lane because, apparently, bikes more easily occupy the "blind spot" immediately next to them (or more likely, they're just using their mirrors to keep up with traffic instead of keeping their heads on a swivel as fighter pilots and bikers do, and have no idea to even look for a motorcycle, so they simply don't see me), so I've revved my loud pipes-- this instantly causes them to swivel their head, see me, and cease coming over into my lane. I don't have loud pipes because of the safety factor, I have them because small and high-revving engines like motorcycles run are more strangled by the restrictive piping, and I'm just glad of the safety factor.

As for silencers on guns, I actually agree. While they do require lower powder loads in order to keep the outgoing bullet subsonic (otherwise there's a sonic boom as it enters the atmosphere, the silencer has no ability to do anything about it) and thus reduce some impact, that can be a good thing in fields like target shooting at ranges, where richochets that somehow miss the trap (however rare) would have less energy. There is also an argument to be made that if non-removable silencers were made standard equipment for pistols and carbines (rifles don't make subsonic bullets), or at least very common, it would reduce casualties against police officers in close-range fights because the damage transmitted through the armor would be lower.

Criminals would use them all the time, because they look "gangsta", not realizing how much they're sacrificing to get that measure of "silence" and a look... because the movies and TV have lied to them about the actual amount of noise reduction a silencer can impart. It's why they're properly called suppressors, not silencers.

Truth is, even a suppressed, subsonic shot (I Heart alliteration) is somewhere in the decibel range between that of a jet engine and an ambulance's siren. The only difference in terms of the physics of hearing it is that it will attenuate somewhat more quickly... you won't hear the guy getting murdered if you're more than a block away. But everyone on the block will still have heard it, and your idiotic ass that thought you didn't need to wear a mask because you have a "silencer" is now on camera and with three witnesses.

It's another bugaboo "scare issue", and one of the only ones where Conservative politicians have a hard time advancing their guns-unregulated agenda because they so heavily support the Prison Industrial Complex and the scare-tactics employed to keep ghettoization going and our poor under control by frightening the middle class into funding it. You know I'm a liberal thinker and I don't agree with you on many things, but I actually have never understood why a silencer is so terrible a thing. It seems like just another piece of gun equipment, unless your goal is to make hunters suffer for their craft-- they're supposed to wear earplugs or ear protection, but many don't because they want to be able to hear the woods around them as they hunt. It's like banning scopes because people can use them to aid in long-range killing with rifles. On the other hand, I think there's an argument to be made for a limit to how many rounds one needs in a hunting/target rifle's magazine, due to an enhanced threat from copycats to the act... but the idea of "sacrificing a little liberty for security" is as disturbing to me as it was to Franklin.

I'd really like to see people dealing more in facts on both sides of almost every discussion I see. It's actually a pleasure that we, here, can exchange such ideas. I just wanted to thank you all for providing that for me.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
26-02-2016, 11:45 AM
I should like to know how fucking LOUD motorcycles are allowed, and if anyone drove a car around that sounded like that, would be pulled over, and cited ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
26-02-2016, 12:27 PM
(26-02-2016 11:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I should like to know how fucking LOUD motorcycles are allowed, and if anyone drove a car around that sounded like that, would be pulled over, and cited ?

The DO get pulled over for loud pipes (though I don't think often enough)and usually ticketed---- and it's always funny to me when they gripe about getting a DWI -- because they got pulled over for their straight pipes.......

------------

and as far as using your loudassed pipes as a "warning device" --- there's this nifty invention that they have now -- it's called "a horn" ......

Try that instead.

26-02-2016, 08:29 PM
You must have a different horn on your bike than the one on mine! I can barely hear it at 70mph. And it whines like an overstressed 8-bit soundboard built in 1987. They'd be more likely to look down and see if their car's warning lights are on, to accompany the buzzing noise.

Hehe.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
26-02-2016, 09:00 PM
(26-02-2016 07:40 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think I did this wrong.

True story. My baby brother (51 YO) was walking from his car into work, and another guy pulled into the parking lot with one of those raised-up megachrome trucks. When he got out, a gal walking by said, "Nice truck! Sorry about your penis!".
[+] 6 users Like Fireball's post
26-02-2016, 09:08 PM
(26-02-2016 11:45 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I should like to know how fucking LOUD motorcycles are allowed, and if anyone drove a car around that sounded like that, would be pulled over, and cited ?

It depends on the municipality. I've seen signs that restricted the sound level to below what my stock-as-stink '68 Harley emitted. Same rules applied to the ricers in that neighborhood. One of my co-workers where I used to work had a 700 HP turbocharged Lexus. He didn't need loud exhaust to massage his ego. I don't know where the hell he ever exercised that amount of horsepower. Even driving in Nevada, where the speed limit was unlimited in 1973, I could only get 143 MPH with 365 HP. 700 HP is Indianapolis racer HP.