Neighborly love

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2014, 03:19 PM
RE: Neighborly love
I would try nicely to take the discussion of religion off the table. Some people ( not just religious) have issues with boundaries.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-03-2014, 05:15 PM
Thank you!! I meet with her at eight and I'll update afterwards. Wish me luck.
[+] 1 user Likes Devotedmom's post
04-03-2014, 05:32 PM
Good luck!
04-03-2014, 05:57 PM
(04-03-2014 05:15 PM)Devotedmom Wrote:  Thank you!! I meet with her at eight and I'll update afterwards. Wish me luck.

Good luck!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

04-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Good luck! (I hope she turns her down)
04-03-2014, 06:45 PM
Good luck Thumbsup
Religious, interfering old cow....Dodgy

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
04-03-2014, 07:32 PM
(04-03-2014 09:15 AM)Devotedmom Wrote:  I've asked for a meeting with her tonight as she seems to be encroaching on my children, slyly telling them about prayer and answered prayers. Several days ago, two teenaged babysitters told my children (who are 7,5 and 3) that if they do not believe in Jesus that they will go to hell! My children had never before heard of hell. Because of the conversation with the babysitters and my neighbor's conversations with my children I feel like the topic of hell and Jesus and God are constants in our home and I am tired of it. I don't feel like this is a healthy environment for my children, to have this constant ongoing talk of religion. I'm exhausted of it and I just want my children to be children, able to sleep peacefully at night without fear of whether or not hell is real or God is real or not, etc. I am angry and irritated that this issue keeps coming up out of my control. So. I am speaking with my neighbor tonight and I am very nervous because our children play a lot together, our children are in each others' homes a lot and otherwise I feel like we have a nice relationship and I don't want to ruin that. I also do not want to disrespect my neighbor or insult her faith even though I feel she has done that to me. Any support or advise you could offer would be appreciated.

I would be firing their sorry arses ASAP. I looked after my friends kids 3 and 5 one day when I had the hard out Christian mother of my flatmate staying and I could just tell she was itching to get them alone and tell them about the Lord. We played dinosaurs and jumped around to some Katy Perry and Pink. I'm sure she still prays for those children's souls.
04-03-2014, 08:39 PM
Conversation went very well. We were both able to be open and honest. She agreed to stop talking about religion with my kids and seemed to understand my concerns. I'm hopeful we can go back to being neighbors and leave the religious crap out of it. Thank for all of the suggestions and support. Smile
[+] 6 users Like Devotedmom's post
04-03-2014, 09:32 PM
glad to hear you were able to talk it out and come to an agreement.

I'd be watching her though....Dodgy her good book says to get the kids....she's going to have to fight the urge.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
06-03-2014, 09:49 AM
When people try to bring up religion, remind them that in the Bible, Jesus says to "closet your beliefs" ie keep them to yourself. For many years people did. Out of consideration for others (good manners) one never mentioned anything outside of home or church and never with company. It just wasn't done.