Neil deGrasse Tyson Appointed Head of the World Evangelical Alliance

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-09-2017, 11:55 PM
Neil deGrasse Tyson Appointed Head of the World Evangelical Alliance
Oh wait. That didn't happen.

But this did...

Yeah I know this is politics but I thought the Science section could do with a few laughs (the Galileo joke was good) ... or tears

No

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
13-09-2017, 12:15 AM
RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson Appointed Head of the World Evangelical Alliance
Doesn't congress have to approve those appointments?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-09-2017, 05:03 AM
I remember watching this from Neil years ago about why he was never worried that republican administrations would cut funding to science education or research.

You can watch the whole thing to get a sense of the context of the question he was answering here or just skip to 3:18.

Somebody should ask him what he thinks now...
Although having said that, he did make the distinction between republican "values" and the Christian right "values" that republicans had to bow to for the sake of keeping their base happy.

If they acted the way they used to historically, Trump & the teabaggers would never have become an issue.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
13-09-2017, 05:32 AM
(13-09-2017 12:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  Doesn't congress have to approve those appointments?

The very same Congress that approved Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA and Betsy Devos as head of the DOE. And Jeff Sessions as head of the DOJ.

Unless the Washington Post or New York Times can dredge up front-page-worthy scandal of a personal kind, Congress will just rubber stamp and move on to doing nothing about immigration, tax reform, and health care.
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
13-09-2017, 05:34 AM
Those of you who will have to live in the world being created are totally fucking screwed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
13-09-2017, 06:26 AM
(13-09-2017 05:03 AM)unsapien Wrote:  I remember watching this from Neil years ago about why he was never worried that republican administrations would cut funding to science education or research.

You can watch the whole thing to get a sense of the context of the question he was answering here or just skip to 3:18.

Somebody should ask him what he thinks now...
Although having said that, he did make the distinction between republican "values" and the Christian right "values" that republicans had to bow to for the sake of keeping their base happy.

If they acted the way they used to historically, Trump & the teabaggers would never have become an issue.
So far Trump did approve a nasa budget earlier in the year that just things on the same financial path.

Though he also asked astronauts they could get to Mars by his presidency end and they chuckled at him... sure if he invested the money in doing so

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
13-09-2017, 06:33 AM
(13-09-2017 05:32 AM)julep Wrote:  
(13-09-2017 12:15 AM)morondog Wrote:  Doesn't congress have to approve those appointments?

The very same Congress that approved Scott Pruitt as head of the EPA and Betsy Devos as head of the DOE. And Jeff Sessions as head of the DOJ.

Unless the Washington Post or New York Times can dredge up front-page-worthy scandal of a personal kind, Congress will just rubber stamp and move on to doing nothing about immigration, tax reform, and health care.

Mmm Smile But what it means is that those who did the rubber stamping are indelibly linked to this. If they allow incompetents to be appointed to critical posts, hopefully that will be reflected later, when the shit hits the fan and they're the ones who signed off on the decision, and the public demand accountability.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-09-2017, 07:04 AM
Sorry a bunch of backward, ignorant Muricans who voted for Trump are now dragging the rest of the world down with them.

We are all going to be really, really sorry.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
13-09-2017, 07:19 AM
Brindenstein isn't an idiot. He's a fighter jock who served in the Gulf. He's capable of learning.

Give him a year, with exposure to smart people with different ideas than his, and he's likely to change his mind on things.

Cuz face it - he's just one guy with an idea. NASA is an entire institutuion, with it's own ideas.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-09-2017, 08:00 AM
(12-09-2017 11:55 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Yeah I know this is politics but I thought the Science section could do with a few laughs (the Galileo joke was good) ... or tears

No

What better way to prove that the U.S. federal government doesn't work (as Republicans maintain) then by making sure it doesn't?

I'm not positive everyone will get the joke.
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post