Neither Theist not Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2016, 09:52 AM
Neither Theist not Atheist
I understand that the claim of neither theist nor atheist goes over here as well as kale eggplant burgers at an all American BBQ but it is none the less true. I was Taoist resolving the theistic/atheistic duality when I started slipping through a gap. The belief of theist and the reason of the atheist lay flat and everything changed. My atheistic side was the nihilistic form as I was exploring conscious awareness from the view emergent from life and gone when dead. The theistic side was also different as I was looking at the conscious awareness as always being and life emerging from that. Well much as the duality of hot and cold resolved to the understanding of only heat we call thermodynamics, life emerging from consciousness and consciousness emerging from life resolved to waking up to eternal awareness of consciousness. I am sure that makes me theist for most here. Also I do not debate this I speak to my experiencing of it. Since it fails to conform to precision of words I can only point to it and I use puns often to make this pointing more effective. These puns can often look like using the wrong word or grammatical mistakes but when I am being serious in speaking I will even improperly conjugate words to get my point across. If you need words to be reasonable (adhering to the three base axioms of logical reasoning) then I will rarely give them but I am quite rational none the less. I am curious to know if any other theist or atheist are also awake in this way but especially if you are "still atheist" in the way I am "still theist". I can not imagine myself having a satsang on this forum so I wonder why I am here except to see if others like me are also here. If your response to these words is, "what is he talking about", then I do not address you but I will gladly dialog with anyone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2016, 10:23 AM
RE: Neither Theist not Atheist
So you believe that the consciousness you have in this body continues after death?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-05-2016, 10:32 AM
(03-05-2016 09:52 AM)ThomasSouthern Wrote:  I understand that the claim of neither theist nor atheist goes over here as well as kale eggplant burgers at an all American BBQ but it is none the less true. I was Taoist resolving the theistic/atheistic duality when I started slipping through a gap. The belief of theist and the reason of the atheist lay flat and everything changed. My atheistic side was the nihilistic form as I was exploring conscious awareness from the view emergent from life and gone when dead. The theistic side was also different as I was looking at the conscious awareness as always being and life emerging from that. Well much as the duality of hot and cold resolved to the understanding of only heat we call thermodynamics, life emerging from consciousness and consciousness emerging from life resolved to waking up to eternal awareness of consciousness. I am sure that makes me theist for most here. Also I do not debate this I speak to my experiencing of it. Since it fails to conform to precision of words I can only point to it and I use puns often to make this pointing more effective. These puns can often look like using the wrong word or grammatical mistakes but when I am being serious in speaking I will even improperly conjugate words to get my point across. If you need words to be reasonable (adhering to the three base axioms of logical reasoning) then I will rarely give them but I am quite rational none the less. I am curious to know if any other theist or atheist are also awake in this way but especially if you are "still atheist" in the way I am "still theist". I can not imagine myself having a satsang on this forum so I wonder why I am here except to see if others like me are also here. If your response to these words is, "what is he talking about", then I do not address you but I will gladly dialog with anyone.

So you're saying that you will be posting more word salad? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
03-05-2016, 10:37 AM
Translation:

"I post a shitload of word salad, but I think it's ok because I already warned you that I post a shitload of word salad."

Shoo.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
03-05-2016, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2016 10:54 AM by DLJ.)
Welcome to TTA.

May I remind everyone that the Introduction section is a place where...

... Nah! Forget it.

No

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
03-05-2016, 10:50 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2016 10:57 AM by Bucky Ball.)
There is no known instance of consciousness in the absence of a healthy functioning brain. Traumatic. oncologic, septic injuries, and oxygen deprivation impair consciousness.

Life emerging from consciousness is woo.
You're not an atheist or a theist.
You're a woologist.

Edit:
We welcome all sorts of nuts here.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
03-05-2016, 10:51 AM
It's more of a pantheism type of thought which I suppose is part of what some people feel is middling of those labels because it doesn't convey a deity but gives basically the universe itself some deity characteristics.

It's not surprising for taoism views to mix that way. The way talks of things in various connected manner but it's more nonsense that's fun to philosophically or intellectually grasp than scientificly.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
03-05-2016, 11:02 AM
I would say welcome but I would also say goodbye. So could I say both, without saying ether?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
03-05-2016, 11:03 AM
It's gotten so easy for me to find this video now.

[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
03-05-2016, 11:04 AM
(03-05-2016 09:52 AM)ThomasSouthern Wrote:  I understand that the claim of neither theist nor atheist goes over here as well as kale eggplant burgers at an all American BBQ but it is none the less true.

What leads you to this understanding?
Also, are you stating agnosticism/uncertainty or a third choice?

(03-05-2016 09:52 AM)ThomasSouthern Wrote:  I was Taoist resolving the theistic/atheistic duality when I started slipping through a gap.
Ah... A Coloradan I see.

(03-05-2016 09:52 AM)ThomasSouthern Wrote:  I am sure that makes me theist for most here.
Your description was rather vague in regards to an actual deity, but once again, what leads you to assume what we will label you?

(03-05-2016 09:52 AM)ThomasSouthern Wrote:  Also I do not debate this I speak to my experiencing of it.
Meaning? You don't want us to question it? or you are certain of your experience?

(03-05-2016 09:52 AM)ThomasSouthern Wrote:  Since it fails to conform to precision of words I can only point to it and I use puns often to make this pointing more effective. These puns can often look like using the wrong word or grammatical mistakes but when I am being serious in speaking I will even improperly conjugate words to get my point across.
Sooo, you are going to use word games & poor grammar to convey difficult theological and metaphysical concepts?

That should work marvelously! Thumbsup

(03-05-2016 09:52 AM)ThomasSouthern Wrote:  If you need words to be reasonable (adhering to the three base axioms of logical reasoning) then I will rarely give them but I am quite rational none the less.
Then I expect your reception here will be less than enthusiastic.

(03-05-2016 09:52 AM)ThomasSouthern Wrote:  I can not imagine myself having a satsang on this forum so I wonder why I am here except to see if others like me are also here.
Yes. One would imagine that the chances of having a religious gathering amongst a group of atheists would be rather slim.

(03-05-2016 09:52 AM)ThomasSouthern Wrote:  If your response to these words is, "what is he talking about", then I do not address you but I will gladly dialog with anyone.
:yawn: Many atheists have researched religions and religious practices. Many of us can even comprehend the majesty of Google and Wikipedia for those occasions where we run across a big word.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 3 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post