Neither Theist not Atheist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2016, 11:05 AM
RE: Neither Theist not Atheist
As a wise man once said, "When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear and life stands explained." On second thought, I'm not sure if he was truly wise, but he was pretty damn funny.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TurkeyBurner's post
03-05-2016, 11:30 AM
(03-05-2016 09:52 AM)ThomasSouthern Wrote:  I understand that the claim of neither theist nor atheist goes over here as well as kale eggplant burgers at an all American BBQ but it is none the less true. I was Taoist resolving the theistic/atheistic duality when I started slipping through a gap. The belief of theist and the reason of the atheist lay flat and everything changed. My atheistic side was the nihilistic form as I was exploring conscious awareness from the view emergent from life and gone when dead. The theistic side was also different as I was looking at the conscious awareness as always being and life emerging from that. Well much as the duality of hot and cold resolved to the understanding of only heat we call thermodynamics, life emerging from consciousness and consciousness emerging from life resolved to waking up to eternal awareness of consciousness. I am sure that makes me theist for most here. Also I do not debate this I speak to my experiencing of it. Since it fails to conform to precision of words I can only point to it and I use puns often to make this pointing more effective. These puns can often look like using the wrong word or grammatical mistakes but when I am being serious in speaking I will even improperly conjugate words to get my point across. If you need words to be reasonable (adhering to the three base axioms of logical reasoning) then I will rarely give them but I am quite rational none the less. I am curious to know if any other theist or atheist are also awake in this way but especially if you are "still atheist" in the way I am "still theist". I can not imagine myself having a satsang on this forum so I wonder why I am here except to see if others like me are also here. If your response to these words is, "what is he talking about", then I do not address you but I will gladly dialog with anyone.

Hi ThomasSouthern, looks like you are working through some shit, there. Many who pass through here, often are. Some stay and work through it on the spot. A few pass through and then later down the road, return ... hey ... evolution, right? It's all good. Shy

Eternal awareness of consciousness; I'm with Dom on this - do you mean you think the personal consciousness continues beyond death? Are we talking Akashic records kind of stuff here... or ... something less collective, more individual ...?

Yea, I know stuff. Dodgy

Can't speak for anyone else but, I find personal exploration of "spiritual" and philosophical notions to be more geared for entertaining discussion than practical debate. As well, I'm not all hung up on making sure everyone has had the same experiences as me; I like my shit to be unique. Me is all I got.

Hang out a while and explore the ongoing experiences. Never can know what might happen. Wink

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
03-05-2016, 01:15 PM
Hello! Big Grin

Welcome to the forums. Thumbsup
12-05-2016, 01:37 PM
I do love the diversity of response. Also the general acceptance that my wordsmithing will at times look silly.

Belief is not something I put much stock in nor reason. I was doing a 'warrior's inventory' of my current paradigm when I noticed it shifting. I followed the shifting as I have in the past but it didn't stop shifting. The one "word" I had never pinned down, Awareness, finally became clear to me. I might word lasso this by saying that I realized that, "awareness is stuffness of everything". Then I was mowing the lawn noticing the contentment of my life when I noticed this contentment was peace and I noticed myself noticing peace. As a result it cascaded into every bit of my life. But only recently has the conditioning of my mind laid flat; both reason and belief; emotion and image; it all started laying flat and it was easy to know what I need to "know" right now. If some mental skill is needed then it is there but then it goes when that is not the case. And so in this way I keep noticing myself noticing what is transient and what is permanent.

When I go out on the internet I see the word 'nondual' thrown around in the direction of what I am saying. I can see it in the impersonal Buddhist way as I can in a Christian, "presence of God" sort of way. If I use the age old "personal abstract" like God I would say that understanding requires knowledge made precise in dualism of logical reasoning but God is not dual and so being in the presence of God would also be not dual. So, I would conclude that understanding has nothing to do with being in the presence of God. So, understanding must only have to do with the form of causality. Causality has many flexibilities we see in all forms form quantum randomness to entropy itself. So, does Boltzmann's Universe in a Box paradox point to a kind of "affectual" over "causal".

In a physical way I might say awareness is what stirs the interference pattern from which reality is projected and so be awareness. As for external influences I would say the 2014 papers on timespace emerging from entanglement, especially the paper on tensor math showing this to be as true in more normal space as around black holes. This gives us a good eternal now definition and if awareness is the stuffness of being then the definition of omnipotent is far more practical and experienceable. This has been the final cascade of "a third option" from theism/atheism as one of you asked.

I irony of it is that it is not really something you can make happen but rather something you can get out of the way of happening. The bad news is the one to whom it happen will not be the one to whom it finishes. If I want anything of what I am saying to be very clear it is that I am not writing from axiom or tenant nor am I expressing doctrine, theology or even philosophy. I write from experiencing of it as it is. This is how I came to notice that reality is more affectually than causality.

As for action, I have discovered one action that makes one strategy for all situations but it sounds corny when written. To love all with ever less conditions and conditioning is what lead me to this. Years ago I found myself surrounded by the worse kinds of people homeless with no idea which way to go. It was here that learned to love without conditions and conditioning. The practical result was those very much the worse people could not manipulate me in any way. The other practical result is that I began to see what the real needs of others were. That was the turning point of my life and yet six months earlier I had the corniest of these experiences.

I was looking at the hopelessness of my life falling into despair but when I was suppose to pass the point of no return I splashed into complete loving compassion and saw how to "listen to the heart". I looked at all the possible directions I might take one at a time and noticed each one had a different sense of "weight" or burden of that way and the "brightness" or light of that direction. I then began to choose based on this with the lessening of the burden preceding the brightening of the light. But I doubt this would have occurred had I not accidentally had a moment of clarity in a conversation with another two months earlier.

That was several hours of being awake for both of us and then coming back to not being awake with everyone telling us we must have (been imagining; taken something; should go get a crazy check; etc.). It took me a while to realize the true significance of the awakening as I had to just follow this not so logicall nor beliebed path that lead me here. I do not know if I made it clear how this path has not really had much to do with theism nor atheism but if I have then there is your third perspective of which I share.
12-05-2016, 01:41 PM
(03-05-2016 10:50 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You're a woologist.

I like that word. Thumbsup

12-05-2016, 04:16 PM
I thought I really would have liked to respond to you. But honestly I can't translate your OP into anything meaningful to respond to. Ah well. Good luck.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
13-05-2016, 12:57 AM
(12-05-2016 01:37 PM)ThomasSouthern Wrote:  I do love the diversity of response. Also the general acceptance that my wordsmithing will at times look silly.

Belief is not something I put much stock in nor reason. I was doing a 'warrior's inventory' of my current paradigm when I noticed it shifting. I followed the shifting as I have in the past but it didn't stop shifting. The one "word" I had never pinned down, Awareness, finally became clear to me. I might word lasso this by saying that I realized that, "awareness is stuffness of everything". Then I was mowing the lawn noticing the contentment of my life when I noticed this contentment was peace and I noticed myself noticing peace. As a result it cascaded into every bit of my life. But only recently has the conditioning of my mind laid flat; both reason and belief; emotion and image; it all started laying flat and it was easy to know what I need to "know" right now. If some mental skill is needed then it is there but then it goes when that is not the case. And so in this way I keep noticing myself noticing what is transient and what is permanent.

When I go out on the internet I see the word 'nondual' thrown around in the direction of what I am saying. I can see it in the impersonal Buddhist way as I can in a Christian, "presence of God" sort of way. If I use the age old "personal abstract" like God I would say that understanding requires knowledge made precise in dualism of logical reasoning but God is not dual and so being in the presence of God would also be not dual. So, I would conclude that understanding has nothing to do with being in the presence of God. So, understanding must only have to do with the form of causality. Causality has many flexibilities we see in all forms form quantum randomness to entropy itself. So, does Boltzmann's Universe in a Box paradox point to a kind of "affectual" over "causal".

In a physical way I might say awareness is what stirs the interference pattern from which reality is projected and so be awareness. As for external influences I would say the 2014 papers on timespace emerging from entanglement, especially the paper on tensor math showing this to be as true in more normal space as around black holes. This gives us a good eternal now definition and if awareness is the stuffness of being then the definition of omnipotent is far more practical and experienceable. This has been the final cascade of "a third option" from theism/atheism as one of you asked.

I irony of it is that it is not really something you can make happen but rather something you can get out of the way of happening. The bad news is the one to whom it happen will not be the one to whom it finishes. If I want anything of what I am saying to be very clear it is that I am not writing from axiom or tenant nor am I expressing doctrine, theology or even philosophy. I write from experiencing of it as it is. This is how I came to notice that reality is more affectually than causality.

As for action, I have discovered one action that makes one strategy for all situations but it sounds corny when written. To love all with ever less conditions and conditioning is what lead me to this. Years ago I found myself surrounded by the worse kinds of people homeless with no idea which way to go. It was here that learned to love without conditions and conditioning. The practical result was those very much the worse people could not manipulate me in any way. The other practical result is that I began to see what the real needs of others were. That was the turning point of my life and yet six months earlier I had the corniest of these experiences.

I was looking at the hopelessness of my life falling into despair but when I was suppose to pass the point of no return I splashed into complete loving compassion and saw how to "listen to the heart". I looked at all the possible directions I might take one at a time and noticed each one had a different sense of "weight" or burden of that way and the "brightness" or light of that direction. I then began to choose based on this with the lessening of the burden preceding the brightening of the light. But I doubt this would have occurred had I not accidentally had a moment of clarity in a conversation with another two months earlier.

That was several hours of being awake for both of us and then coming back to not being awake with everyone telling us we must have (been imagining; taken something; should go get a crazy check; etc.). It took me a while to realize the true significance of the awakening as I had to just follow this not so logicall nor beliebed path that lead me here. I do not know if I made it clear how this path has not really had much to do with theism nor atheism but if I have then there is your third perspective of which I share.

I've read more coherent sentences from that Deepak Chopra chat-bot.

http://wisdomofchopra.com/

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post