NeonMoment - Status Update

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-02-2012, 09:12 PM
NeonMoment - Status Update
Sorry I've been so lurky and non-reply....y? But I've been super busy.

However, I just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know how I have been doing with my cousin situation.

I have found a wonderful therapist that shares my point of view about religion and is wonderful at helping me through meditation. She gets me to cry like a little girl, which is good sometimes, and has a very motherly approach. I probably wouldn't have gone to her had I not reached out here, so I am so grateful for everyone that responded to me and gave me such kind words of strength and encouragement.

I still wake up thinking about it and it gets me down, but I just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I'll never stop missing her, but I know that my life can and will be made better because she was in it...and because it helped me find my way here and to the podcasts and everything good.

I am also eternally amused at the split of thread. Egor stopped being offensive and just plain entertaining y/y?

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like NeonMoment's post
21-02-2012, 09:16 PM
RE: NeonMoment - Status Update
(21-02-2012 09:12 PM)NeonMoment Wrote:  Sorry I've been so lurky and non-reply....y? But I've been super busy.

However, I just wanted to touch base with you all and let you know how I have been doing with my cousin situation.

I have found a wonderful therapist that shares my point of view about religion and is wonderful at helping me through meditation. She gets me to cry like a little girl, which is good sometimes, and has a very motherly approach. I probably wouldn't have gone to her had I not reached out here, so I am so grateful for everyone that responded to me and gave me such kind words of strength and encouragement.

I still wake up thinking about it and it gets me down, but I just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I'll never stop missing her, but I know that my life can and will be made better because she was in it...and because it helped me find my way here and to the podcasts and everything good.

I am also eternally amused at the split of thread. Egor stopped being offensive and just plain entertaining y/y?

Thanks for letting us know what's going on. I wish I could cry like a little girl sometimes. I usually have to cut up onions to get even close. Smile

Keep up the great work with therapy. It will pay wonderful personal benefits.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
21-02-2012, 09:19 PM
Link to original thread for us n00bs?
21-02-2012, 09:22 PM
(21-02-2012 09:19 PM)rook2004 Wrote:  Link to original thread for us n00bs?

http://thethinkingatheist.com/forum/Thre...e-triggers

sorry about that!

My Blog
[Image: 1z5qgiq.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Thanks for the status update. I'm glad you've found a good place to let it all out and that you're not gone. I'll be seeing you around.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
22-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Yay glad you're still around. I thought you might have been eaten by an ogre Tongue
22-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Glad you're back and glad you're doing well! It's good that you have found some help and a way to deal with the grief. Please stick around and enjoy the amusement, take part in the philosophy, and contribute to the debates! Big Grin It's fun an enlightening, even when Egor pulls a Wile E. Coyote and diverts the train tracks into cliff wall (with only a painted tunnel entrance)...
22-02-2012, 01:35 PM
Hi NeonMoment

Good to hear that you seem to be able grab a hold of your burdens. i'ts good to take it one step at the time. Be warned though that there will be moments where you think that you're "healed" but later, you will fall back. Don't be discouraged by that.

I think it is good that you shared your story since it might create a dynamic where more people come out for and start seeking help.

The split was my pleasure.
Forum management team is discussing the respect issue now.

Take care.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.