Nephilim, Giants...whatever

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-10-2013, 06:25 AM
Nephilim, Giants...whatever
Ok, my wife and I are some what recent de-converts. We are still learning a lot, but know enough to not believe in the god of the bible. My mother in law is a lifelong, very strong christian, who is quite upset and is constantly texting us articles and videos as "proof" for god. Of course it is all 0% convincing.

One of the issues that my wife brought up about the christian god is how he had the Isrealites slaughter races or men, women and children. (1 Sam. 15:3 The Amalekites) A very brutal act, especially with the women and children.

The mother in law came back with the Amalekites were Nephilim, born of fallen angels who impregnated women. They were very "evil" because they constantly hounded the Isrealites and didn't live for god. This supposedly justifies killing babies, because they would have grown to be evil as well.

We asked, wheres the proof for a race of giants. She then told us about how the Smithsonian is hiding all the skeletal remains that were found of such races. She claims that they are hiding them because it "would disprove Darwins theory".

She then sent this video to me, my wife and all her brothers. Its a long one, so understand if you don't watch the whole thing. The giants part begins around the 37 min mark.

Here is what she said in the text to us when sending the video link:
"To all my kids, more proof the Smithsonian is keeping this strange large race from public knowledge"

So..even though it still proves nothing about god and what it says in the bible about giants. I still lost a bit of sleep pondering this race of giants thing. Remember, I'm a new skeptic and am still trying to wrap my head a round a lot of stuff.

One of her sons, which is quite the conspiracy person himself then sent a reply to all text saying it was a great video and said some other conspiracy theory speak. To which my mother in law replied:
"I think the smithsonian started confiscating these oversized skeletons at the same time our scientific and academic national community adopted Darwins theory of evolution. Bfor that hundreds, if not thousands of articles were freely written about then and pix taken. Whether of not u subscribe to evolution, hiding evidence that doesn't quite fit is NOT the way to scientifically discover the truth!"

Then she wrote: "Funny how when we were nationally embracing biblical creationism there was freedom in new discoveries. But now, we r punished professionally if we theorize there might be an intelligent designer. Or discoveries that don't fit Darwin are downplayed."

I then did a google search the the presenter in the video. Jim Vierra. And first saw this article.

Good information to expose yet another possible conspiracy theorist. But I know creationists would dismiss TED's rejection of Jims presentation as they are just trying to shut him up, because he speaks the truth.

I also found this BLOG post that was interesting.

My point in this post is I was wondering if anyone here might have more insight to everything I have down here. Any bits that might help me to talk reason to my mother in law. I do find Darwins theory sound, as science has proven it. Evolution is obvious with what all that has been discovered. I guess I just need some advice for helping my mother in law get past this giants thing.

The more I thought about it, even though there may have been a race of giants, doesn't change the fact that theres no proof they were super naturally brought to the earth. It still doesn't change the fact that the god of the bible (if he was real) brutally murdered women and children, even if they were to grow up to be giants. Its still no proof for belief.

Sorry for the long post. Thx in advance.

**Edit** BTW, my wife and I haven't responded at all to her yet about this. I want to be armed with all I can.

Twitter: @doubtingdragon
http://doubtingdragon.wordpress.com
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-10-2013, 08:06 AM
RE: Nephilim, Giants...whatever
ugh..when are they going to get it through their heads? The bible is mythology and there is nothing to be ashamed about that. If you take it as literal truth you're going to run into so much problems GIGANTIC problems, such an unwillingness to change and a detriment to all science. In mythology giants are forces or obstacles to be overcome, either internal or external same as demons. Look, giants are huge, scary, stronger this could very well represent more than one obstacle that you have to overcome even societal pressures. Oh, did she see the literal giants? Dinosaurs, science clearly isn't hiding them. Everyone loves dinosaurs.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
16-10-2013, 09:29 AM
So it's either something which left literally no evidence whatsoever,
OR
it's something which is hidden by conspiracy by literally every scientist ever and many more people besides.

Well, shucks. Either one is just so plausible. The second claim is what's being made here; it's self-evidently absurd. 'Cause we're not just talking scientists, we're talking every human being ever in the area - if giant humans actually lived then there'd be more than just a couple skeletons, there'd be the archaeological evidence of their every cultural artifact and architectural element being correspondingly outsized, and the eyewitness accounts of all their contemporaries and successors nearby...

What would the Smithsonian have to do with anything? Is that just, like, the only museum they could actually think of by name?

... this is my signature!
16-10-2013, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 16-10-2013 10:16 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(16-10-2013 09:29 AM)cjlr Wrote:  So it's either something which left literally no evidence whatsoever,
OR
it's something which is hidden by conspiracy by literally every scientist ever and many more people besides.

Well, shucks. Either one is just so plausible. The second claim is what's being made here; it's self-evidently absurd. 'Cause we're not just talking scientists, we're talking every human being ever in the area - if giant humans actually lived then there'd be more than just a couple skeletons, there'd be the archaeological evidence of their every cultural artifact and architectural element being correspondingly outsized, and the eyewitness accounts of all their contemporaries and successors nearby...

What would the Smithsonian have to do with anything? Is that just, like, the only museum they could actually think of by name?

Any ONE whistleblower, involved in the giant multi-generational conspiracy would stand to gain instant fortune, fame, status, and monetary prizes from almost every scientific society/organization on the planet. But no, they are SO motivated to "shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone". LMFAO. If there are actual remains, the DNA could be analyzed.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Freemasons! HUGE red flag. really?

16-10-2013, 11:29 AM
So! Angels, created without free will, without extraneous body parts, such as genitalia; alla sudden (evolve?) acquire lust and grow the necessary equipment to turn away from their perfect, glorious kin to go down and mate with smelly, skanky, toothless humans...

Seems legit.

The concept is too ridiculous to contemplate. So I haven't. If you don't wanna give her the pat on the head/yes dear, you can try googling "vierra giants debunked;" that kinda thing. The problem is gonna be that anyone who gives a quality debunking of this noise is gonna produce an intricate, intelligent analysis...

And since the other side is, "it's in the Bible! Read this fradulent testimony! (In third-grade English.) Look at these photoshopped images! See!?!? PROOF! CHECKMATE, ATHEISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!

Yes, dear.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-10-2013, 09:44 PM
I am really grateful for the responses I've gotten so far. It all really helps me in my quest. You are all really helping me through this process. So for the first response...
(16-10-2013 08:06 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Oh, did she see the literal giants? Dinosaurs, science clearly isn't hiding them. Everyone loves dinosaurs.

As far as seeing literal giants. I found interesting info online from the tallestman.com I believe that there are today, this very day at least 20 people alive that are over 7 ft. tall. So why doesn't god have them killed? Are they descendants of fallen angels? Are they evil? And yes Dino's. They were BIG and very unusual. Yet evolution can make sense of them too.

16-10-2013, 09:48 PM
(16-10-2013 09:29 AM)cjlr Wrote:  there'd be the archaeological evidence of their every cultural artifact and architectural element being correspondingly outsized, and the eyewitness accounts of all their contemporaries and successors nearby...

Contemporaries is a BIG word for me here! Where at besides the bible does ancient, bronze age writers document "giant races". Good thoughts!

16-10-2013, 10:10 PM
(16-10-2013 09:44 PM)DoubtingDragon Wrote:  I am really grateful for the responses I've gotten so far. It all really helps me in my quest. You are all really helping me through this process. So for the first response...
(16-10-2013 08:06 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  Oh, did she see the literal giants? Dinosaurs, science clearly isn't hiding them. Everyone loves dinosaurs.

As far as seeing literal giants. I found interesting info online from the tallestman.com I believe that there are today, this very day at least 20 people alive that are over 7 ft. tall. So why doesn't god have them killed? Are they descendants of fallen angels? Are they evil? And yes Dino's. They were BIG and very unusual. Yet evolution can make sense of them too.
Listen, 7ft isn't gigantic. Maybe at the time i guess but rare. Tell her that giants built stonehenge while you're at it. Oh man, there was this revolutionary soldier who was a giant. Peter Francisco. six foot and he carried a sword that was about 7ft he could have swung that thing like it was a tooth pick. He also could move a cannon all by himself. Think some bastard has the sword in a private collection though. Can you imagine fighting that guy?

17-10-2013, 05:47 AM
Quote:Any ONE whistleblower, involved in the giant multi-generational conspiracy would stand to gain instant fortune, fame, status, and monetary prizes from almost every scientific society/organization on the planet. But no, they are SO motivated to "shhhhhhh, don't tell anyone". LMFAO. If there are actual remains, the DNA could be analyzed.

I agree. Even if it were true, and the Smithsonian were hiding what they found. It would be likely that there would be more to be found somewhere on earth. Money is a strong motivator and someone would see $$$ to show of such a discovery.