Nergal to be fined for tearing Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2011, 03:25 PM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2011 03:42 PM by angry_liberal.)
Nergal to be fined for tearing Bible
In the Gdynia court, Adam Darski, lead singer of Behemoth, was accused of tearing the Bible.
The prosecutor demanded a fine of 5000zl (about £1000). Judgement will be on Thursday.

The prosecutor accuses "Nergal", as his fans call Darski, with insulting religious feelings.
The case goes back to 2007, when Darksi tore the Bible and called the church a criminal sect.
The prosecution prepared the indictment based upon information from Ryszard Nowak, head of the
National Defence Committe against sects.

At his first trial Nergal was aquitted. The prosecution however appealed and the Regional
Court in Gdansk ordered a retrial. Thursday was the third hearing of this trial.
The prosecution demanded a fine of 5000zl and was supported by Ryszard Nowak who also acted as the plaintiff.
The defence counsel, Jacek Potulski, finished his speach with a application for the acquittal of his client.

Source: Tri-City Gazeta

Also more on Ryszard Nowak: http://barthsnotes.wordpress.com/2010/05...nst-sects/

P.S. On Tuesday I fly to Poland for a week to stay with my mother-in-law, whom if I know her dobrze, probably thinks Nergal ought to be burnt at the stake.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2011, 04:47 PM
RE: Nergal to be fined for tearing Bible
is the first link similar to the secound?

Plus this is a prime example of religous people interfering with freedom of speach and choice.

i hope he is found not guilty.

"In real life , as opposed to that happy, clappy, rainbow fantasy world that you see fit to fly through on your winged unicorn of delusion" - Mitchell and Webb
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply