Nervous about Surgery

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-05-2016, 10:01 AM
RE: Nervous about Surgery
I'm a crazy bastard but I generally like surgery. I've had two major abdominal invasions of late and both were pleasant. I had 14" of my ascending colon removed [benign tumor] along with my appendix and repair of a hernia. I was under for 4 1/2 hours for that one. I woke up feeling refreshed and strong. I also had my prostate taken out in another surgery by a robot. I was under for four hours with that one. I woke up from that feeling refreshed too and I was out of bed an hour later. My wife and some nurses yelled at me for getting out of bed that quickly but, I went home the next morning, less than 24 hours after getting off the table.

I told my doc that I wanted to examine the robot before the surgery. It is a huge, but amazing, piece of equipment. I told him, and the anesthesiologist, and the nurses in the OR that anything that big could not be very accurate and I expected to wake up to find my willy gone along with my prostate. He said my willy would still be there because they were going to shove a garden hose up it which I would have to keep in for ten days. I had one of those catheters after my first surgery and it wasn't bad except it's tough walking around with a piss bag taped to your leg.

Enjoy your surgery and especially the bed rest after it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2016, 09:40 PM
I made it through sugery was not what I expected in that I'm not in much pain the surgeon said I'm healing well and should hopefully be able to go home tomorrow.

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
[+] 5 users Like Worom's post
24-05-2016, 09:47 PM (This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 05:30 AM by Anjele.)
(24-05-2016 09:40 PM)Worom Wrote:  I made it through sugery was not what I expected in that I'm not in much pain the surgeon said I'm healing well and should hopefully be able to go home tomorrow.

Good to hear that you made it through the surgery okay. Thumbsup Just remember that there will still be some lifestyle changes. You need to find the willpower for in order for the surgery to be a long-term success.

Here's to you and better health.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-05-2016, 10:09 PM
(24-05-2016 09:40 PM)Worom Wrote:  I made it through sugery was not what I expected in that I'm not in much pain the surgeon said I'm healing well and should hopefully be able to go home tomorrow.

Surgery these days isn't like what it used to be. I'm glad you aren't suffering. When I had my wisdom teeth (all 4) pulled, I couldn't eat for three days, and was taking Empirin #4 the whole time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Empirin+...8&oe=utf-8

I had four fillings drilled out and replaced recently, and didn't even need pain medication. Crazy.
25-05-2016, 03:33 AM
(24-05-2016 09:40 PM)Worom Wrote:  I made it through surgery was not what I expected in that I'm not in much pain the surgeon said I'm healing well and should hopefully be able to go home tomorrow.

That's great news! I'm so glad everything went well, and we can now say "hello" to the new you. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
25-05-2016, 05:23 AM

Yay, let us know how is goes. Congrats!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
25-05-2016, 06:47 AM

Congrats! And now the journey towards wellness starts. Smile

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man