Net Neutrality becomes a Partisan issue in US

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-11-2014, 05:19 AM
Net Neutrality becomes a Partisan issue in US
The right wing religious channels are lining up against net neutrality.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-11-2014, 05:31 AM
RE: Net Neutrality becomes a Partisan issue in US
All Obama needs to do is say he's in favor of something and there will be a line right wing fucktards wanting to fight it.
[+] 6 users Like pablo's post
15-11-2014, 05:45 AM
Embarrassing to think I might be a distant relative of that last lunatic.

Oddly enough, despite my inclination towards freedom of expression and all that, I grew up with government owned radio (BBC) and three TV channels and honestly believe I'm better of for it than if I'd been growing up today with the freedom to avoid anything serious, intellectual, scientific, challenging or educational.

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
15-11-2014, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2014 08:41 AM by ClydeLee.)
I knew this day would come. I thought it was going to be sooner when this issue was first rising and hot in 2010.

I have to add... actually watching AlexJones is hilarious. It's like watching Randy Savage or Hulk Hogan ramble on.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 5 users Like ClydeLee's post
15-11-2014, 08:30 AM
I'm guessing that those who would like to see net neutrality weakened or abandoned are breaking out the politics because it's an otherwise completely naked greed issue which no one in their right minds would support, other than the greedy fucks who stand to benefit. So they aim to get the stupid vote and convince people on the basis of their prejudices to vote for something which will harm them. Well played, greedy fucks, well played.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
15-11-2014, 10:11 AM
Big corporations want to end net neutrality. The fascist media does what its leash-holders tell it to do.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
15-11-2014, 10:47 AM
(15-11-2014 07:37 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  I knew this day would come. I thought it was going to be sooner when this issue was first rising and hot in 2010.

I have to add... actually watching AlexJones is hilarious. It's like watching Randy Savage or Hulk Hogan ramble on.

I find it sad because people listen to idiots like him.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-11-2014, 01:26 PM
Dumbfuckistan: "We dun love them freedom, but we ain't givin' it to y'all."

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
15-11-2014, 02:10 PM
Everything has been a partisan issue in your country for a long time now.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 4 users Like The Germans are coming's post
16-11-2014, 03:54 PM
I know a whole lot about this issue. I was involved with it professionally almost 10 years ago, before anyone ever heard of it, and even before the phrase "net nuetrality" was coined. The issue itself is not quite as clear cut as those who want to maintain the current status quo want you to believe. I'm a proponent of net nuetrality but there are counter points that amount to more than just "greed".

What concerns me about the current discussion on the issue is none of the traditional counter points are being brought up and most of the ones that are being brought up are politically driven nonsense. I think that is deliberate, and is being done to purposely keep people uninformed and to drive the issue into the comfort of the liberal/conservative mantra that permeates all American politics.

Those of you who are not Americans should be paying careful attention to this because it may impact you too. A large percentage of the world's IP traffic traverses US networks. If American carriers can start slowing it down, it's going to have global impacts.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post