Net Neutrality becomes a Partisan issue in US

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-11-2014, 03:56 PM
RE: Net Neutrality becomes a Partisan issue in US
(16-11-2014 03:54 PM)BnW Wrote:  What concerns me about the current discussion on the issue is none of the traditional counter points are being brought up and most of the ones that are being brought up are politically driven nonsense. I think that is deliberate, and is being done to purposely keep people uninformed and to drive the issue into the comfort of the liberal/conservative mantra that permeates all American politics.

Never attribute to malice and forethought what can be attributed to incompetence and laziness.

... this is my signature!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
16-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Too many politicians who took money from the carriers jumped on the same bandwagon for me to believe this is just intellectual laziness, although I'm sure there is an element of that involved.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
16-11-2014, 10:17 PM
(15-11-2014 10:11 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Big corporations want to end net neutrality. The fascist media does what its leash-holders tell it to do.

Yeah, but there are also big corporations that are in favor of net neutrality because it is the basis of their own success.

See Also: Google & Netflix

So in the words of Ken Watanabe...

[Image: 89c.gif]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-11-2014, 10:44 PM
(16-11-2014 10:17 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(15-11-2014 10:11 AM)Minimalist Wrote:  Big corporations want to end net neutrality. The fascist media does what its leash-holders tell it to do.

Yeah, but there are also big corporations that are in favor of net neutrality because it is the basis of their own success.

So in the words of Ken Watanabe...

[Image: 89c.gif]

So, whenever we see a net neutrality bill we should point at it and say 'it's godzria', is what you're saying?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-11-2014, 11:46 PM
(16-11-2014 10:17 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

It's a bit disconcerting that the outcome of decisions which affect us *all* (including non-US citizens) are decided more or less purely on the basis of which company spends the most money fighting for their cause, with some vague token nod at politics by getting the trained monkeys to dance to the tune they're calling Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
17-11-2014, 09:37 AM
That's what makes the money spent such good value.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
17-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Alex Jones is hardly partisan. He is on record as saying that while he doesn't believe in fairies, the people who secretly run the world do. I can't be bothered to look it up, but I highly recommend watching it if you want to see a dose of true insanity.

Even Bachmann doesn't go that far.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
17-11-2014, 10:46 AM
(17-11-2014 10:16 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Alex Jones is hardly partisan. He is on record as saying that while he doesn't believe in fairies, the people who secretly run the world do. I can't be bothered to look it up, but I highly recommend watching it if you want to see a dose of true insanity.

Former member here I and I was, so far as we could tell, an Alex Jones true believer.

Look it up some time, it's worth a laugh.

... this is my signature!
17-11-2014, 11:00 AM
(16-11-2014 10:44 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  So, whenever we see a net neutrality bill we should point at it and say 'it's godzria', is what you're saying?

[Image: corgzilla_fullpic_1.png]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
18-11-2014, 04:00 PM
(17-11-2014 10:46 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(17-11-2014 10:16 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Alex Jones is hardly partisan. He is on record as saying that while he doesn't believe in fairies, the people who secretly run the world do. I can't be bothered to look it up, but I highly recommend watching it if you want to see a dose of true insanity.

Former member here I and I was, so far as we could tell, an Alex Jones true believer.

Look it up some time, it's worth a laugh.

Was he a Maoist? Because if so I have encountered him.

He claimed that Zionists ran the concentration camps and that his Hitler and other top Nazis were Jewish. His source; a youtube video called something like "Jewish nazi leaders" that was a montage of nazi leaders and their names with absolutely no source mentioned in the video or in the description.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!