Netflix - Stranger Things

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2016, 08:30 PM
RE: Netflix - Stranger Things
(18-08-2016 07:04 AM)Mr. Boston Wrote:  My only two qualms were very minor, but here they are:

1. They didn't give Matthew Modine's character Papa/Dr. Brenner enough to do. I understand that the show was about the kids and if this is a throwback to 80s sci-fi there sort of HAS to be a 1-dimensional grown-up bad guy. But I feel like they missed a real opportunity to fill in some of his backstory and illustrate any moral misgivings he might have had about the research and the way 11 was treated. The writers could have plumbed his relationship with 11 a little more, and developed his character more fully seems to me.

2. The score was dead-on in terms of one very specific 80s sound. But there could have been more variety seems to me. I get that music is used to establish the tone of a film/show but as good as it was it was a bit narrow I thought. Oh well, very small gripe overall.

I agree that Dr. Brenner was a bit one note and extremely psychopathic, I get if his research requires him to be cut off emotionally since he's been working for so long and so hard and had some failures (what about the other 10?) but what about the guys working with him? First of all they have to be pretty evil to allow the abuses to this little girl. What are they getting out of it besides a pay check, the part when she kills those two orderly/security guys did the other guys consider quitting? I mean, that girl could just snap their necks, I'd be running for the door.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-08-2016, 06:33 PM
Hey Guys! Netflix has released a trailer featuring the chapter titles for Season 2! It doesn't show anything but it's still super exciting!

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
31-08-2016, 06:45 PM
Watched it, loved it. Can't wait for season two.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
31-08-2016, 10:54 PM
Best series I've seen in a long, long time. Hope they can keep it up.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]