Neuro-theology- your brain on religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 05:41 AM
Neuro-theology- your brain on religion
This came across my facebook feed today from 'How Stuff Works' . I thought some here might find it interesting.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/life/in...hswaccount

an excerpt:

These examples represent the intersection of science and religion, a field currently known as neurotheology. The goal of neurotheology is to determine what's happening in the brain during a religious experience. Obviously, the field can be a bit controversial; those with deeply spiritual beliefs about the connection between a person and his or her maker aren't thrilled about reducing religion to something happening in the brain. But the work of the scientists does seem to show that there's some connection with our gray matters and our pray matters. So, is nirvana all in our noggin? Are we simply responding to brain firings when we drag ourselves out of bed on Sunday morning? Read on to find out what God might be doing to your brain.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
07-05-2014, 10:26 AM
RE: Neuro-theology- your brain on religion
Thanks for posting. I've got a book PDF on the subject called The Neuroscience of Religious Experience. Those interested can write me a PM with their email.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply