Neurological problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2017, 04:55 AM
Neurological problems
Went to a neurologist yesterday because I have chronic pins and needles (paresthesia) all over my body. Started in the soles of my feet along with numbness in my pelvis last Saturday night. Parethesia spread up my legs, up my torso, from my finger tips up my arms. Numbness has spread over entire legs and they feel frozen all the time. A tightness across the tummy and pelvis. Constantly feeling constipated when I am not.

Walking is painful. Typing is painful and I can only use my two index fingers now so apologies for not making long replies.

Sense of balance is off and I have a feeling of buoyancy when I walk. Strength isn't diminished though. I can still write, move quickly if need be, it's just my sensory input affected.

This started last Saturday and has taken a week to spread this far. Neurologist reckons that it is a post infection inflammation in my neck from the flu like symptoms I had at the beginning of February. I had to take a day off work which is unusual for me. He doesn't think that it is Guillain Barre syndrome. Unlikely to be Multiple Sclerosis because the key is in the name, multiple. It's only the sensory input from my body that is affected. Although it is an outside chance.

He thinks it should start to clear up in a week or two. A bit worried about my future. I've accepted a good job offer starting in April and will be presenting a paper at a conference in late April. I'm not planning on putting my current job on my CV. It was just to pay the bills as sole bread winner. It's a fixed term contract for 6 months with a week's notice. I started in January.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
11-03-2017, 05:20 AM
RE: Neurological problems
How terrifying and uncomfortable! I very much hope your doctor is right, and I hope you get better soon.
[+] 3 users Like julep's post
11-03-2017, 05:55 AM
*hugs* I am so sorry you are in so much pain. The good thing is that it sounds like the doctor seems to think it should clear up in a week or two and that it does not appear to be related to any other health condition. I'm hoping all this goes away for you soon. Sending you lots of warm thoughts.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
11-03-2017, 05:59 AM
(11-03-2017 04:55 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Went to a neurologist yesterday because I have chronic pins and needles (paresthesia) all over my body. Started in the soles of my feet along with numbness in my pelvis last Saturday night. Parethesia spread up my legs, up my torso, from my finger tips up my arms. Numbness has spread over entire legs and they feel frozen all the time. A tightness across the tummy and pelvis. Constantly feeling constipated when I am not.

Walking is painful. Typing is painful and I can only use my two index fingers now so apologies for not making long replies.

Sense of balance is off and I have a feeling of buoyancy when I walk. Strength isn't diminished though. I can still write, move quickly if need be, it's just my sensory input affected.

This started last Saturday and has taken a week to spread this far. Neurologist reckons that it is a post infection inflammation in my neck from the flu like symptoms I had at the beginning of February. I had to take a day off work which is unusual for me. He doesn't think that it is Guillain Barre syndrome. Unlikely to be Multiple Sclerosis because the key is in the name, multiple. It's only the sensory input from my body that is affected. Although it is an outside chance.

He thinks it should start to clear up in a week or two. A bit worried about my future. I've accepted a good job offer starting in April and will be presenting a paper at a conference in late April. I'm not planning on putting my current job on my CV. It was just to pay the bills as sole bread winner. It's a fixed term contract for 6 months with a week's notice. I started in January.

Hi Mathilda.

Take a breath. Let's wait for the test results.

Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 8 users Like Banjo's post
11-03-2017, 08:03 AM
All the best for you, Mathilda. Banjo, as usual, has got the right idea: no need to panic, just wait until the facts are in, then do what's required. You can handle this.
[+] 3 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
11-03-2017, 01:18 PM
What Banjo said Mathilda. Still it must be terrifying.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-03-2017, 01:19 PM
hang in there, I know the waiting and not knowing is tough.
[+] 2 users Like skyking's post
11-03-2017, 01:21 PM
Sounds tough. Hope everything works out!
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
11-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Keep us posted...hoping for the best news possible.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
11-03-2017, 02:28 PM
Try to keep calm. I know it's difficult but as Banjo wrote, wait until the test results come back. We'll all be here for you. Thumbsup

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post