Neurological problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-03-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Neurological problems
Ugh - how painful and terrifying!
Try to make yourself as calm and comfortable as possible. Maybe put on some soft music and just zone out if things get to be too much.

I hope it isn't too long of a wait for test results. The sooner your Doc (and you) know what it is, the sooner it can be properly treated.

'We're here if you need us. Heart Be well.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-03-2017, 04:46 PM
It could be a Guillain-Barré variant called acute small fibre sensory neuropathy. If so, it will probably peak about 3 weeks from now and slowly improve.

Unless you've also had weird eye symptoms and muscle weakness, I'd think that multiple sclerosis was less likely than ASFSN.

I'm sorry, but your beliefs are much too silly to take seriously. Got anything else we can discuss?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Astreja's post
11-03-2017, 05:18 PM
(11-03-2017 04:46 PM)Astreja Wrote:  It could be a Guillain-Barré variant called acute small fibre sensory neuropathy. If so, it will probably peak about 3 weeks from now and slowly improve.

Unless you've also had weird eye symptoms and muscle weakness, I'd think that multiple sclerosis was less likely than ASFSN.

That's a good find. I do have a lot of physical pain from touch. Towels are extremely rough to the touch, like drying myself off with sandpaper. Clothes cut into my skin. Washing my hair is only bearable if I wear rubber gloves beforehand. But then much like how you would expect it to feel if your legs were frozen. I am worried I haven't really communicated the discomfort I feel to doctors though.

Pins and needles have finally moved into the arms, albeit slightly. No symptoms above the breasts though.

I get weird sensations like clamminess, moisture, coldness, numbness, even abrasiveness from skin rubbing together. Sometimes I feel like an internal organ is going to explode out of me like an alien.
11-03-2017, 05:28 PM
(11-03-2017 05:18 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  ---
That's a good find. I do have a lot of physical pain from touch. Towels are extremely rough to the touch, like drying myself off with sandpaper. Clothes cut into my skin. Washing my hair is only bearable if I wear rubber gloves beforehand. But then much like how you would expect it to feel if your legs were frozen. I am worried I haven't really communicated the discomfort I feel to doctors though.

Pins and needles have finally moved into the arms, albeit slightly. No symptoms above the breasts though.

I get weird sensations like clamminess, moisture, coldness, numbness, even abrasiveness from skin rubbing together. Sometimes I feel like an internal organ is going to explode out of me like an alien.

Damn! Confused If it's possible to email this to your doctor, do so. This is quite specific and so if you told them this, they should be able to surmise something relevant. The fact that it's coming from the outer areas of the extremities and then up, will be more of a clue to what's going on. Did they not want to keep you for observation?

Shit, this seems fucking scary, Mathilda. Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
11-03-2017, 05:45 PM
I agree with Kim, Tildie! Call up your Doc, and tell him/her, if you're in this much discomfort! Hug Heart

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
11-03-2017, 06:13 PM
Oh my goodness I would be freaking out if I felt like that! I hope your doctor is right and you start feeling better soon! Sad

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
11-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Hug

Heart

Wishing you all the very best!
11-03-2017, 08:13 PM
hugs to you! Being is pain is the worst. I hope you are feeling better VERY soon!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
11-03-2017, 08:18 PM
Please keep us updated and I sincerely hope this all subsides soon.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
11-03-2017, 10:58 PM
I hope things get better.