Neuroscience Reading List

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Neuroscience Reading List
Hiya!!

I am seriously considering going back to school to study neuroscience. I don't think it's going to get me into a flashy brain lab job or secure awesome research grants...but, like my BA major, it's something that has been a recurring interest over the years. Combine that with some major life changes and considering going a different route...and going back to school for this seems like a good direction to go in.

That said...

I'm hoping that some of you out there could point me in the direction of some good books on neuroscience...the brain, mental illness, behaviour...really anything. I'll want to start sort of soft. Not dumbed down, but not super technical or dry. Not yet anyway.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions. Smile

(Should this be in the books section??)

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-09-2011, 10:11 AM
RE: Neuroscience Reading List
I'm not sure, but these two are interesting books, at least it was for me.
"The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat" by Oliver Sacks

"An Anthropologist on Mars" by Oliver Sacks

Those books have a bunch of case studies on neurological subjects who have interesting lives.

"You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” -Siddhārtha Gautama
"I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” -Lao Tzu
"...thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself..." -Jesus
27-09-2011, 03:46 PM
RE: Neuroscience Reading List
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into them. Smile

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan