Never a good day anymore

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Never a good day anymore
I know from on here that you have a wonderful sense of humor and are an enjoyable member of this forum...I know that and five bucks and you can get a small coffee at Starbucks...not worth much at face value.

You have made connections here...I am hopeful that you can find a way out of your funk.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Jenny, I checked the NAMI link. I've tried those links for insurance help in the past, but nothing helped. Thanks so much for the link.
14-07-2015, 07:03 PM
(14-07-2015 05:39 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 04:33 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Have you tried running? I mean like just getting out and running until it hurts and then running some more.
Anyway, go kick life's ass.
I'm so badly out of shape now that wouldn't take very long. In the past, I would just start walking. I'd end up in the next town over but then I'd have the blisters to show for it. And right now, I think life is kicking my ass, unfortunately.

(14-07-2015 04:35 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It might sound all holistic-y and shit--but yoga and meditation can also help.
Haven't meditated in years. I used to, and that's when I had a vision. I know, hard to believe an atheist had a vision. I don't honestly know if anyone around here knows yoga.

(14-07-2015 04:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Have you tried any hotlines?

I don't know what kinds of meds you have been on but I also hate to be on meds forever. I am on and off my Lexapro frequently.

What can we maybe do to help?

Talk to us...we care. Heart
I've tried a few hotlines. They say that I need medication and therapy. I'm not opposed to medication, but they haven't worked for me. The ones I can remember right off hand are Elavil (amitriptyline), Wellbutrin & Wellbutrin SR, Ativan (for anxiety/panic attacks after the breakdown), Zoloft, Paxil, Effexor, Prozac, and a couple others. Paxil knocked me for horrible withdrawal, Effexor and Prozac are fairly recent, but not at the same time. With all of those, now I'm concerned about long-term effects of them.

A lot of times in the past I could temporarily distract myself, but lately it's gotten to the point where I can't even do that. I'm so worried about my future because the idea of being stuck forever in jobs I hate weighs on my mind all the time. Right now, I just can't do much of anything because of my current situation. It seems to get worse all the time because I feel like I'm spinning my wheels.

I know you care. I wish there were anything anyone could do to help me get out of this. I feel like I've tried too many things and I'm still trapped.

There are tons of yoga dvds out there. I have a gazillion of them just floating around my house. I can send you some if you want. There are also tons of free meditations and yoga classes on you tube. Here's one for example:

14-07-2015, 07:04 PM (This post was last modified: 14-07-2015 07:50 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
Hiya Clocker. I don't know you very well at all, but you seem like a nice guy.

Do you write? Do you have a creative outlet -- music, art, dance? I've found that my various engagements in the arts over the years -- drawing in adolescence, music, songwriting, and writing fiction and poetry as an adult -- they help me deal with issues that at times seem similar to yours: younger decisions I've lived long enough to regret, alienation, ennui.

Don't worry if you don't think they'll work, no one's judging your answers.

Much love, brotha.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
14-07-2015, 07:30 PM
I can only attempt to lift your spirits. The condition you are in sucks. It sucks bad. Real bad. There has to be a way somehow for you to get help.

However, in the meantime think of this:

84% of the world's population has faith in a deity. You are more intelligent than 84% of the population. That should count for something right? Big Grin

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
14-07-2015, 07:31 PM
(14-07-2015 07:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 05:39 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm so badly out of shape now that wouldn't take very long. In the past, I would just start walking. I'd end up in the next town over but then I'd have the blisters to show for it. And right now, I think life is kicking my ass, unfortunately.

Haven't meditated in years. I used to, and that's when I had a vision. I know, hard to believe an atheist had a vision. I don't honestly know if anyone around here knows yoga.

I've tried a few hotlines. They say that I need medication and therapy. I'm not opposed to medication, but they haven't worked for me. The ones I can remember right off hand are Elavil (amitriptyline), Wellbutrin & Wellbutrin SR, Ativan (for anxiety/panic attacks after the breakdown), Zoloft, Paxil, Effexor, Prozac, and a couple others. Paxil knocked me for horrible withdrawal, Effexor and Prozac are fairly recent, but not at the same time. With all of those, now I'm concerned about long-term effects of them.

A lot of times in the past I could temporarily distract myself, but lately it's gotten to the point where I can't even do that. I'm so worried about my future because the idea of being stuck forever in jobs I hate weighs on my mind all the time. Right now, I just can't do much of anything because of my current situation. It seems to get worse all the time because I feel like I'm spinning my wheels.

I know you care. I wish there were anything anyone could do to help me get out of this. I feel like I've tried too many things and I'm still trapped.

There are tons of yoga dvds out there. I have a gazillion of them just floating around my house. I can send you some if you want. There are also tons of free meditations and yoga classes on you tube. Here's one for example:

I still love watching you do your upward salute.... Tongue Laughat

**Crickets** -- God
[+] 1 user Likes Tonechaser77's post
14-07-2015, 07:39 PM
(14-07-2015 07:31 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 07:03 PM)jennybee Wrote:  There are tons of yoga dvds out there. I have a gazillion of them just floating around my house. I can send you some if you want. There are also tons of free meditations and yoga classes on you tube. Here's one for example:

I still love watching you do your upward salute.... Tongue Laughat

Ha ha Tongue
14-07-2015, 07:51 PM
Wait, what's this upward salute stuff?
14-07-2015, 08:33 PM
(14-07-2015 07:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Wait, what's this upward salute stuff?

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-07-2015, 09:59 PM
That is pretty hot ...

/man-as-dog