Never a good day anymore

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-07-2015, 10:15 PM
RE: Never a good day anymore
(14-07-2015 05:39 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 04:33 PM)TurkeyBurner Wrote:  Have you tried running? I mean like just getting out and running until it hurts and then running some more.
Anyway, go kick life's ass.
I'm so badly out of shape now that wouldn't take very long. In the past, I would just start walking. I'd end up in the next town over but then I'd have the blisters to show for it. And right now, I think life is kicking my ass, unfortunately.

If you are physically out of shape then I think you will benefit from some form of regular physical activity. You don't have to run for hours...just take a brisk walk around a park/lake. And when you're bored of that, get a bicycle and go cruising. Physical activity releases endorphins, which may not solve all of your life's troubles, but it'll reduce the stress of it. I know that regular exercise helped me combat depression and culture shock when I moved to Thailand. I suspect it can help you too.

“[Science] works! Planes fly. Cars drive. Computers compute. If you base medicine on science, you cure people. If you base the design of planes on science, they fly. If you base the design of rockets on science, they reach the moon. It works...bitches.” - Richie D Da Illest
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes HappyTiger's post
15-07-2015, 04:52 AM
Never a good day anymore
I used to write (prose & poetry), draw, etc. But I think I've sort of lost that. When I try now, it doesn't flow anymore.

It's more that I'm afraid for my future. I'm never retiring, can't have the twilight years, will have to work jobs that I hate with a passion, and no safety net. I used to have this dream of retirement with plans. Now I don't look forward to anything.
15-07-2015, 05:35 AM
(15-07-2015 04:52 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I used to write (prose & poetry), draw, etc. But I think I've sort of lost that. When I try now, it doesn't flow anymore.

It's more that I'm afraid for my future. I'm never retiring, can't have the twilight years, will have to work jobs that I hate with a passion, and no safety net. I used to have this dream of retirement with plans. Now I don't look forward to anything.

Hi mate.

I too am afraid for my future. I think we fear for different reasons. I don't want to miss things, and you are worried your situation will not have changed.

Sadly I do not know the American health system well enough to offer any advice regarding support structures or help lines etc.

It is obvious you are in à negative spiral. That confidence is lacking. However as I see it, you are obviously intelligent. Likely more so than that idiot boss who got to you.

Have you tried calling the American Atheist foundation? Perhaps they may bed able to given you à secular source to help you.

In am sorry I do not know more.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
15-07-2015, 06:34 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 06:39 AM by jennybee.)
(15-07-2015 04:52 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I used to write (prose & poetry), draw, etc. But I think I've sort of lost that. When I try now, it doesn't flow anymore.

I think you said you are in your 40s. Many things can happen between now and retirement. You are a smart guy. I think you would do really well in any number of the tech programs out there. They don't require as much schooling (some in as little as 6 months) and are nowhere as expensive as a 4 year degree. Plus, once you get your foot in the door, many employers will pay for you to take college courses. Your salary and benefits will likely be better too. Once you have that in place you could meet with a financial planner. You said you had dreams for yourself in the past. You are still fairly young and can turn all of this around.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
15-07-2015, 09:10 AM
(15-07-2015 05:35 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi mate.

I too am afraid for my future. I think we fear for different reasons. I don't want to miss things, and you are worried your situation will not have changed.

That's the part that reminds me life isn't fair. You have all these friends and family, and you embrace life like few people do. And while you're facing your illness, I'm worried I will make it. To be honest, if there were a way to transfer life energy (for lack of a better phrase) I'd give you a transfusion.

(15-07-2015 05:35 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Sadly I do not know the American health system well enough to offer any advice regarding support structures or help lines etc.

I've tried getting assistance for healthcare but can't. Don't know why, but there doesn't seem to be enough help for many. The cost of what I could have gotten has more than quintupled. So that tears it.

You're right that I'm in a negative spiral, worse than a long time. My confidence level is shot to hell. And not to brag, but yes I'm smarter than most in my area. That's mostly due to rampant stupidity, but still true.

Quote:
In am sorry I do not know more.
Nah, don't apologize. Hell, I can't even figure it out and I should know better!
15-07-2015, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 11:24 AM by Tomasia.)
(14-07-2015 02:58 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(14-07-2015 02:42 PM)jennybee Wrote:  What about finding an online support group? The psych clinic support group sounds like it could have some possibilities.

It's okay, I don't find you opposing Tongue

I tried once. No kidding, was on hold for over an hour and they never replied.

The psych clinic here requires insurance.

I don't know where you're from, so I'm just assuming it's the US? If so, have you looked into applying for medicaid? I would assume you would qualify with your low income and stuff. At least this would help with getting treatment and medications at the very least, if every other avenue is a dead end. Even if your income was a bit too high to qualify for medicaid, and you had to resort obamacare, you could likely get a low premium high deductible plan, but where preventive care, and mental health services would likely be provided with no copay?
[+] 1 user Likes Tomasia's post
15-07-2015, 11:40 AM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2015 11:46 AM by Clockwork.)
(15-07-2015 11:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  I don't know where you're from, so I'm just assuming it's the US? If so, have you looked into applying for medicaid?

Tried and don't qualify.

Quote:Even if your income was a bit too high to qualify for medicaid, and you had to resort obamacare...
Cost was about half of my salary, with a deductible for the other half. So I couldn't afford it.

I have some health problems that go untreated because if that. Because of a childhood illness, my teeth didn't form right. So now I'm dealing with no healthcare and failing teeth to the the point I can't eat certain foods.

So yeah, tried various insurance routes.
15-07-2015, 12:29 PM
(15-07-2015 11:40 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(15-07-2015 11:20 AM)Tomasia Wrote:  Even if your income was a bit too high to qualify for medicaid, and you had to resort obamacare...
Cost was about half of my salary, with a deductible for the other half. So I couldn't afford it.

The average Obamacare individuals plan cost about $82 a month, after the premium tax credit. I'm wondering if you were just looking at some of the higher end plans, rather than the lower premiums options? Even if the plan has a very high deductible, many preventative care treatments, including depression screening are except from the deductible, and copay requirements.

It's hard for me to imagine that in this day and age, even in the US, that someone is in a predicament where they have to forgo healthcare because of cost. I thought this was the problem we were resolving. I work for company that assists in organizing a variety of these plans across the country, and I'll gladly help within my means to find you one that might work.
[+] 3 users Like Tomasia's post
15-07-2015, 12:44 PM
(15-07-2015 12:29 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  The average Obamacare individuals plan cost about $82 a month, after the premium tax credit.
I was looking at the cheapest plans there. I keep hearing about people getting it for under $100, but every time I look it's much, much higher. That's what confuses me. I look, high prices. I check with insurance people here, even higher. Don't understand that.
17-07-2015, 06:35 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2015 06:39 PM by Clockwork.)
I told work I wanted out of the office. They wanted me out anyway, may as well reduce my stress, right?

Now I'm down to 15 hours a week. So much for reducing stress. There are as many jobs here as golden tickets to Wonka's factory.

I just fucking give up. I'm going to be try to be gone for a while. Please don't reply because I won't see it.

Thanks for trying, all.