Never compromise! / Christian persecution!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Never compromise! / Christian persecution!
I was on Facebook today. I have a friend who is a Baptist. He made a post that was as simple as "Why can't we all get along?". I then started going through the comments of his wacky Baptist friends. Every single one of them came off like:
  • We must never compromise! To do so would be to deny the Lord.
  • Everyone wants to believe everything is happy and everyone will go to heaven, but down that path lies hell!
  • The Bible is very clear on this. We need to be biblical Christians.

Basically, it all comes down to a refusal to compromise because they believe they're really right and that's all there is to it. I imagine this type of mentality will cause them to continue hemorrhaging followers.

On a related note, I've noticed all of his Baptist friends really feel that Christians are persecuted. No they aren't. Certainly not in America. Then I thought of something:

Fundamentalists are "persecuted".

Now, I'll use that in quotes, because they're really not being persecuted; it's just their world view is decreasingly popular, and they're getting their feelings hurt. I think this notion of Christian persecution is very comforting to a fundamentalist. Not only was it predicted by Jesus (sort of), it allows them to believe things that are objectively and verifiably wrong and still maintain that they're right! It also lets them beat the war drums to rally the troops, so to speak.

Invoking persecution protects their view points, not only from non-Christians, but even from all the non-fundies (you know: the not-True Christians).

These are just two thoughts I had now that I started talking to my Baptist friend, again. When I'm painting for hours back to back, I have lots of time to think about stuff like this.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
21-05-2014, 09:34 AM
RE: Never compromise! / Christian persecution!
Well in all honesty there are several sects of Christianity that firmly believe to compromise in any way where believing/preaching/witnessing the word of God is their own path of destruction. So......... in that vein........they kind of Have to follow what they believe.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
21-05-2014, 10:11 AM
I am sure you know this Robby, but being a martyer is a good thing to a christian. Anything that they can use to feel like a martyer they will.

Also they use "persecuted" like a spoiled kid uses "not fair". It is just a version of pitching a hissy fit since they are not getting their way.

I know about the idle mind thing. I pressure washed my house this past weekend and had lots of idle mind time. I will be painting it starting next weekend. I am sure I will solve all the worlds problems while pushing the paint brush.
[+] 2 users Like wazzel's post
21-05-2014, 10:43 AM
Robby, I agree with you on both points. Regarding the Christian persecution, I know this is a bit of a tangent, but I just wanted to mention that I think it is true that they are increasingly feeling "persecuted", or more accurately "opposed". The evidence for this is in the slew of movies that have come out lately such as:

God's Not Dead
Noah
Son of God
Heaven Is For Real
Jerusalem

I find it encouraging. Yes

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
21-05-2014, 10:44 AM
(21-05-2014 10:43 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Robby, I agree with you on both points. Regarding the Christian persecution, I know this is a bit of a tangent, but I just wanted to mention that I think it is true that they are increasingly feeling "persecuted", or more accurately "opposed". The evidence for this is in the slew of movies that have come out lately such as:

God's Not Dead
Noah
Son of God
Heaven Is For Real
Jerusalem

Fixed.
Noah wasn't that biblical.

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
21-05-2014, 10:48 AM
(21-05-2014 10:43 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Robby, I agree with you on both points. Regarding the Christian persecution, I know this is a bit of a tangent, but I just wanted to mention that I think it is true that they are increasingly feeling "persecuted", or more accurately "opposed". The evidence for this is in the slew of movies that have come out lately such as:

God's Not Dead
Noah
Son of God
Heaven Is For Real
Jerusalem

It's all part and parcel with The Wedge.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
21-05-2014, 11:05 AM

God's Not Dead
Noah
Son of God
Heaven Is For Real
Jerusalem

They are scared that their christard religion scam could be destroyed . Christians are aware that atheism is growing worldwide.
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
21-05-2014, 11:11 AM
(21-05-2014 10:48 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  

God's Not Dead
Noah
Son of God
Heaven Is For Real
Jerusalem

It's all part and parcel with The Wedge.

The Wedge? Huh

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
21-05-2014, 11:13 AM
(21-05-2014 10:44 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  

God's Not Dead
Noah
Son of God
Heaven Is For Real
Jerusalem

Fixed.
Noah wasn't that biblical.
Lol, then I guess I stand corrected. I haven't wasted my time on watched a single one of these movies so I wouldn't know.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
21-05-2014, 11:22 AM
Everyone has convictions and areas in which they will not compromise. This is not unique to Christianity.