Never compromise! / Christian persecution!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-05-2014, 11:24 AM
RE: Never compromise! / Christian persecution!
(21-05-2014 11:22 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Everyone has convictions and areas in which they will not compromise. This is not unique to Christianity.
Not everyone has convictions about fiction. Drinking Beverage

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
(21-05-2014 11:13 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 10:44 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Fixed.
Noah wasn't that biblical.
Lol, then I guess I stand corrected. I haven't wasted my time on watched a single one of these movies so I wouldn't know.

Noah is the only one I went to see. I like Russel Crowe, and I knew it wasn't really a bible story. God isn't in it, but there are some interesting monsters. Other than the fact that there's an ark, a flood, and a bunch of animals, and the main characters are named the same as they are in Genesis, it really doesn't follow the bibble-dribble very much at all.

It wasn't too bad. Kinda fun. Not that I highly recommend it, but I don't feel that I wasted my time or money, and it was a good talking point with my ex-christian fiancee who knows less of her bible than I do.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein
(21-05-2014 11:22 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Everyone has convictions and areas in which they will not compromise. This is not unique to Christianity.

Yep . I don't compromise with bullshit. I totally reject your bullshit.
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
(21-05-2014 11:11 AM)Charis Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 10:48 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  It's all part and parcel with The Wedge.

The Wedge? Huh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedge_strategy

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
21-05-2014, 11:26 AM
(21-05-2014 11:24 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 11:11 AM)Charis Wrote:  The Wedge? Huh

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedge_strategy
Interesting. I had never heard of that. Thanks for the link.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
21-05-2014, 11:28 AM
(21-05-2014 11:22 AM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Everyone has convictions and areas in which they will not compromise.

Fallacious assertion by fiat.

Quote:This is not unique to Christianity.

Your admission of your steadfast willful ignorance is noted.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 2 users Like Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
21-05-2014, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2014 04:44 PM by Leo.)
(21-05-2014 11:24 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 11:13 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Lol, then I guess I stand corrected. I haven't wasted my time on watched a single one of these movies so I wouldn't know.

Noah is the only one I went to see. I like Russel Crowe, and I knew it wasn't really a bible story. God isn't in it, but there are some interesting monsters. Other than the fact that there's an ark, a flood, and a bunch of animals, and the main characters are named the same as they are in Genesis, it really doesn't follow the bibble-dribble very much at all.

It wasn't too bad. Kinda fun. Not that I highly recommend it, but I don't feel that I wasted my time or money, and it was a good talking point with my ex-christian fiancee who knows less of her bible than I do.
The producers and the director added a lot of stuff but the Noah story is a few pages long . They have to add shit for the movie to last 2 hours. Christians bitching about the movie are hilarious. The story is a fiction anyways. Who cares if the director added more fictional shit.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Leo's post
21-05-2014, 11:37 AM
(21-05-2014 11:24 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 11:13 AM)Impulse Wrote:  Lol, then I guess I stand corrected. I haven't wasted my time on watched a single one of these movies so I wouldn't know.

I also like Russel Crowe and was honestly disappointed that he starred in Noah. Even if the story doesn't resemble the bible, I would find it difficult to sit through. It's too implausible and my knowing it's basis would just kill it for me. I'm glad to hear God went AWOL though. The dumbass can't show up for his own movie. Thumbsup

21-05-2014, 11:45 AM
(21-05-2014 11:11 AM)Charis Wrote:  The Wedge? Huh

Taq beat me to it, but I would have linked to RationalWiki, since that's where I first saw it. Also, here is the Discovery Institute's wedge document on RW.

Yes, but I wasn't talking about Christianity. I know lots of Christians that jettison parts of their religion in order to have their beliefs become more acceptable. I was talking about fundamentalism. Their stated position is that they cannot and will not play nice when it comes to things like facts and observable evidence. The thing that they won't compromise on is "not being fuckin crazy". That's kind of a big deal, when you think about it.
21-05-2014, 11:46 AM
(21-05-2014 11:26 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(21-05-2014 11:24 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wedge_strategy
Interesting. I had never heard of that. Thanks for the link.
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post