Never really had a hankerin' to see Brokeback Mountain...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-12-2012, 11:41 AM
Never really had a hankerin' to see Brokeback Mountain...
...but I'd love to see this version!

I wonder why that is? Consider

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
08-12-2012, 05:45 PM
RE: Never really had a hankerin' to see Brokeback Mountain...
Me neither. I still haven't seen it. Drinking Beverage

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

08-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Hell, I can get into both versions, for sure.

Heh heh.... more for me. Big Grin

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Percepticon's post
08-12-2012, 08:25 PM
It's a good movie. A bit homo erotic just for the shock value but whatevs..... It's still a good movie.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
10-12-2012, 04:23 AM
I think the homoeroticism was less for shock value and more for story structure. If the love scenes had been between a heterosexual couple, we wouldn't call it "shock value".
Still, it was a good movie, though. If you're into romantic dramas.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
12-12-2012, 04:46 PM
Wouldn't honestly want to see either version, but if I was going to, it'd definitely be the pussy licking version, sorry to disappoint. I wouldn't consider myself homophobic or discriminatory (on this issue), but I'm also not going to lie to myself and others and say that gay sex is just love being made by two people who happen to be men. Come on dude, it was for shock value, you would have never even heard of the movie if it was done with a cowboy, and cowgirl (why do people of that profession never grow up and become cowmen/cowwomen?) The people who financed the film didn't just do that to do their part to open peoples eyes to the social inequalities that was occurring, they did it as an investment. They knew that it would create the media attention needed to generate a profit...

12-12-2012, 04:59 PM
It's a wonderful film; good story, stellar acting, fantastic cinematography... I just don't care for cowboy movies much. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
15-12-2012, 07:50 AM
(12-12-2012 04:46 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Wouldn't honestly want to see either version, but if I was going to, it'd definitely be the pussy licking version, sorry to disappoint. I wouldn't consider myself homophobic or discriminatory (on this issue), but I'm also not going to lie to myself and others and say that gay sex is just love being made by two people who happen to be men. Come on dude, it was for shock value, you would have never even heard of the movie if it was done with a cowboy, and cowgirl (why do people of that profession never grow up and become cowmen/cowwomen?) The people who financed the film didn't just do that to do their part to open peoples eyes to the social inequalities that was occurring, they did it as an investment. They knew that it would create the media attention needed to generate a profit...
I'm not gonna get into another film debate. Things didn't go so well last time. Drinking Beverage

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
15-12-2012, 08:10 AM
It is a lovely movie... nuff said.

[Image: opforum1.png]
15-12-2012, 08:45 AM
I thought it was much better as a independent film made years earlier; the story had more to offer before:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xphtpv_...udding_fun

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson