[Nevermind] Evidence for Jesus being combination of multiple gods?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2014, 10:28 AM (This post was last modified: 27-02-2014 10:38 AM by whitemoongurl.)
Question [Nevermind] Evidence for Jesus being combination of multiple gods?
EDIT: Facepalm I'm sorry. I forgot the Search feature. I found the Zeitgeist post about this very subject.

Jesus Conspiracy Theories - #16

I've sometimes heard of this and people pose it as true. But, is there real evidence to back this up? Huh I believed this for a while just after I deconverted. Now, I simply don't believe Jesus existed. I haven't done any research myself on this, but I'm inclined to believe people like Richard Carrier - who used the Bible itself to .. vouch for (I guess?) his nonexistence.

Anyway, I'm just rambling now. Laugh out load So, I'd appreciate any help or thoughts on this. Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2014, 05:23 PM
RE: [Nevermind] Evidence for Jesus being combination of multiple gods?
I don't know if Jesus existed. There is no real evidence to support the idea so it is reasonable I suppose to deny his existence. I will say that if it is important for you to know you should do the research rather than just accepting what someone else said.
02-03-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: [Nevermind] Evidence for Jesus being combination of multiple gods?
The idea that Jesus, or any other deified character, is a combination of pre-existing god ideas, should not be controversial. It would be amazing if that were not the case.

But if you say Jesus is really Horus with some a Jewish sheen, I wound't buy that. It's more complex than that.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey.