New

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2015, 09:17 AM
New
Good Morning:

First time posting in the forum, so I thought I should say hello. Name is Jesse Garza from San Antonio, TX. Poet, screenwriter, and thinker. Work in a university, former educator, and future therapist. I am looking forward to participate in many forums.

I've been a Atheist and Humanist for about 10 years now. Having a difficult time since I do not have many like minded friends or family.

Jesse Garza
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jfgarza33's post
03-04-2015, 09:33 AM
RE: New
Welcome!!!!!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Hello! Big Grin
03-04-2015, 09:34 AM
Welcome! I wish I could say I was a fellow screenwriter but I have yet to write my first. Love that stuff!

Enjoy your stay.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
03-04-2015, 09:56 AM
Nice to meet you, and welcome! See you around the forum!
Big Grin
03-04-2015, 10:03 AM
Welcome aboard!
15-04-2015, 07:37 PM
I was at Fort Sam Houston back in the 80s, anyway you know can't create nor destroyed energy, so it stands to reason that it has no beginning nor ending either. When your physical body dies where does that energy that kept your body alive all this time go? Do you think it goes into a storage tank or somewhere else.
15-04-2015, 08:01 PM
(15-04-2015 07:37 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  I was at Fort Sam Houston back in the 80s, anyway you know can't create nor destroyed energy, so it stands to reason that it has no beginning nor ending either. When your physical body dies where does that energy that kept your body alive all this time go? Do you think it goes into a storage tank or somewhere else.

It dissipates into the environment.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
15-04-2015, 08:03 PM
(15-04-2015 07:37 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  I was at Fort Sam Houston back in the 80s,

Hello! Big Grin

(15-04-2015 07:37 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  ...anyway you know can't create nor destroyed energy,

Um, I think you're getting the idea a little confused. Matter can convert into energy and energy can convert into matter.

(15-04-2015 07:37 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  ....so it stands to reason that it has no beginning nor ending either.

This is kind of a separate thing, I think...

(15-04-2015 07:37 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  When your physical body dies where does that energy that kept your body alive all this time go?

What? We're not 'batteries', regardless of what movies like the Matrix would have you believe. It's the chemical interactions within our bodies which do most of the 'work' at keeping us alive. 'Energy' as in electrical impulses? Yah, they just run from one end of a nerve cell to another. Everything in between is chemicals, not 'energy'.

(15-04-2015 07:37 PM)jballadarez Wrote:  Do you think it goes into a storage tank or somewhere else.

Hence, you can't 'store' the thing you're alluding to. Smile

Hope that helps.

Much cheers to all.