New 16 yr old Atheist in a Christian Family

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-01-2013, 12:19 PM
RE: New 16 yr old Atheist in a Christian Family
(26-12-2012 07:15 AM)TheToughTruth Wrote:  Fellow teens,
How did you deal with religious parents/family and a new life as an Atheist?
I'm brand new to all this, and I live in the Bible belt (Texas), and until now my life has been 100% Christian.
What is YOUR story? I really want to know! Smile

Welcome to freedom and to your liberation from religious oppression.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2013, 07:39 PM
(26-12-2012 07:15 AM)TheToughTruth Wrote:  Fellow teens,
How did you deal with religious parents/family and a new life as an Atheist?
I'm brand new to all this, and I live in the Bible belt (Texas), and until now my life has been 100% Christian.
What is YOUR story? I really want to know! Smile
[Image: sad-i-know-that-feel-bro_3969556_lrg.jpg]
Honestly, I can easily identify with that, I grew up in fairly fundamentalist home around fundamental people, My mother is very HARDCORE.

My step-dad can be hardcore at times, but he was fairly accepting of my apostasy. He actually told he was PROUD that I didn't blindly accept his faith. While my mother doesn't like it ,she never brings it up.

[Image: 1229591337-1-1.jpg?t=1348531853]
05-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Welcome to freedom.My name is Ian, I'm 14 and I live in the bible belt too, in Arkansas. Luckily, I was born and raised athiest. Both my parents are from up north, my mom from Vermont, my Dad from Michigan, which explains their athiesm. Both came from religious families, but realised it was BS, which is lucky for me.

Suprisingly, most of the people around here are accepting of my athiem. I have several christian friends, and I even have another athiest friend. There are exceptions though, unfortunatly. Those people are idiots though. I used the phrase "ecologically diverse" in my counter agruement to disprove noah's flood, and they had no idea what it meant. You can't have a war of wits with an unarmed person. Come to think of it though, I realise I'm pretty lucky when I look at other people's stories

Anyways, I'm a straight A student, and I'm a gamer too. I'm addicted to Team Fortress 2, the Hλlf-life series, and the Portal series

I've got 2 tulpas, Taunav and Eris. If you don't know what a tulpa is, read this.
http://community.tulpa.info/thread-kiahd...-to-tulpas
If Taunav has anything to say, he'll be speaking in []
If Eris has anything to say, she'll be speaking in {}
If you think I'm insane, I don't care
24-01-2013, 01:41 PM
I was brought up in a christian church, although I rarely paid attention, I was quite educated on the "holy bible." After years of unanswered questions I sought out to find the answers myself regarding the truth of existence. I read a lot about ancient civilizations such as the Mayans and Sumerians; most of which they recorded in ancient texts, hieroglyphics, and cuneiform. This information opened my eyes (my third eye in particular) and most of it has been scientifically proven true.
24-01-2013, 01:53 PM
(24-01-2013 01:41 PM)rastathecontroller Wrote:  I was brought up in a christian church, although I rarely paid attention, I was quite educated on the "holy bible." After years of unanswered questions I sought out to find the answers myself regarding the truth of existence. I read a lot about ancient civilizations such as the Mayans and Sumerians; most of which they recorded in ancient texts, hieroglyphics, and cuneiform. This information opened my eyes (my third eye in particular) and most of it has been scientifically proven true.
There is no evidence for a 'third eye'. And why would you believe that ancient, pre-scientific peoples had any great knowledge?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-01-2013, 02:06 PM
(24-01-2013 01:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 01:41 PM)rastathecontroller Wrote:  I was brought up in a christian church, although I rarely paid attention, I was quite educated on the "holy bible." After years of unanswered questions I sought out to find the answers myself regarding the truth of existence. I read a lot about ancient civilizations such as the Mayans and Sumerians; most of which they recorded in ancient texts, hieroglyphics, and cuneiform. This information opened my eyes (my third eye in particular) and most of it has been scientifically proven true.
There is no evidence for a 'third eye'. And why would you believe that ancient, pre-scientific peoples had any great knowledge?

The pineal gland, located in the center of your brain is your third eye. And ancient civilizations had vast knowledge of the cosmos and many constellations. The pyramids in Egypt were also scientifically proven to have been built from the top down, which points to the interference of an extra terrestrial intelligence. These facts along with many others are the source of my belief. The writing on the walls (hieroglyphics) speaks of all these phenomenon. I could provide you with some links if you like..
24-01-2013, 02:16 PM
(24-01-2013 02:06 PM)rastathecontroller Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 01:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no evidence for a 'third eye'. And why would you believe that ancient, pre-scientific peoples had any great knowledge?

The pineal gland, located in the center of your brain is your third eye. And ancient civilizations had vast knowledge of the cosmos and many constellations. The pyramids in Egypt were also scientifically proven to have been built from the top down, which points to the interference of an extra terrestrial intelligence. These facts along with many others are the source of my belief. The writing on the walls (hieroglyphics) speaks of all these phenomenon. I could provide you with some links if you like..
Your 'facts' aren't facts. I've seen all that supposed 'evidence' - it doesn't hold water.

I suggest you study some actual archaeology, astronomy, and history - not the woo-woo stuff.

24-01-2013, 02:28 PM
(24-01-2013 02:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 02:06 PM)rastathecontroller Wrote:  The pineal gland, located in the center of your brain is your third eye. And ancient civilizations had vast knowledge of the cosmos and many constellations. The pyramids in Egypt were also scientifically proven to have been built from the top down, which points to the interference of an extra terrestrial intelligence. These facts along with many others are the source of my belief. The writing on the walls (hieroglyphics) speaks of all these phenomenon. I could provide you with some links if you like..
Your 'facts' aren't facts. I've seen all that supposed 'evidence' - it doesn't hold water.

I suggest you study some actual archaeology, astronomy, and history - not the woo-woo stuff.

I haven't proven anything to you, so your skepticism is understood. But whenever you want to find the proof, it'll be waiting for you.
24-01-2013, 02:40 PM
(24-01-2013 02:28 PM)rastathecontroller Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 02:16 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your 'facts' aren't facts. I've seen all that supposed 'evidence' - it doesn't hold water.

I haven't proven anything to you, so your skepticism is understood. But whenever you want to find the proof, it'll be waiting for you.

I've looked, it isn't there.

24-01-2013, 03:40 PM
What proof do you have?

Is it peer reviewed? Testable? Historical? Verifiable?

If so, can you present such evidence so I might be further enlightened.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Having Family Issues Cyvas 4 90 01-07-2014 12:33 PM
Last Post: Cyvas