New Addition

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2017, 10:05 PM
RE: New Addition
(14-01-2017 09:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 09:05 PM)kim Wrote:  You just keep your powder dry there, Chas. Angry

Muffy is a loyal and righteous dude.

Yet not enough to make moderator apparently.. Consider

Look, all I'm saying is that I seriously question this choice in moderator.
That's nothing personal against Julep, just that she's been here how long? 6 months?
With less than 2,000 posts, 34 rep. Now post count and rep isn't everything sure but I don't see Julep as a proven committed member to this forum compared to myself or someone like Anj or Bucky or Whiskey or Full Circle or dancefourtwo or evenheathen or unfogged or jdog and many other people. Even newer people like onlinebiker or jennybee. Now all these people might not want the job but were they even asked??

I just think it's bullshit that the only valid requirement for moderator is to be picked by DLJs dick.
It's not fair on those that actually deserve it.

While I totally agree there are plenty of people who would be great for the job like you and Anj and others, they had their reasons for their choices, reasons we may not know about and those are the choices they made.

I would love to be able to give my time helping run to the place that has been like a second home to me for almost 3 years but I am more than happy to wait my turn and until then I will continue to give my time and effort to this community as a member for as long as it's here.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like JDog554's post
14-01-2017, 10:23 PM
Power is not what one might think it to be. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
14-01-2017, 10:50 PM
(14-01-2017 09:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Also Welcome to our forum tem...

Full Circle.

Just noticed the pink FC. It looks good on you. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
14-01-2017, 10:56 PM
(14-01-2017 10:50 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 09:27 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Also Welcome to our forum tem...

Full Circle.

Just noticed the pink FC. It looks good on you. Thumbsup

I'm pretty sure his color is (or should be) coral. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
14-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Congrats FC!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
14-01-2017, 11:05 PM
Love ya, Muffs, but I don't think you or I have the temperament to hold that position... for the same reason, I would never want either of us to be considered and hope they never offer me a job I'll have to in all honesty and integrity turn down:

I am too emotional, and often take things personally when they need not be and I would be better off leaving it alone.

A moderator must be able to deal with a lot of shit, make a lot of tough calls that won't please everyone (and that people like you and I are too likely to take personally), and I frankly don't think I'd be up to it. (Edit: and so, wisely, they didn't consider me for the position, I'm pretty sure! hehe)

Julep strikes me as an excellent choice for moderator, though I don't particularly care who gets roped into offered that thankless task.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
14-01-2017, 11:12 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2017 11:18 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Congrats FC!

(14-01-2017 10:23 PM)kim Wrote:  Power is not what one might think it to be. Shy

If helping run TTA is anything like when I modded on PM, you mean it's a thankless job where you make lots of people cranky and get to do so unpaid while being 'on call' whether you want to look at the site or not? Tongue

Those who think it might be fun, might actually enjoy it, dunno. But I'll just stay a happy sandworm over here without having to read Reports every day.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
14-01-2017, 11:19 PM
(14-01-2017 10:05 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 09:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yet not enough to make moderator apparently.. Consider

Look, all I'm saying is that I seriously question this choice in moderator.
That's nothing personal against Julep, just that she's been here how long? 6 months?
With less than 2,000 posts, 34 rep. Now post count and rep isn't everything sure but I don't see Julep as a proven committed member to this forum compared to myself or someone like Anj or Bucky or Whiskey or Full Circle or dancefourtwo or evenheathen or unfogged or jdog and many other people. Even newer people like onlinebiker or jennybee. Now all these people might not want the job but were they even asked??

I just think it's bullshit that the only valid requirement for moderator is to be picked by DLJs dick.
It's not fair on those that actually deserve it.

While I totally agree there are plenty of people who would be great for the job like you and Anj and others, they had their reasons for their choices, reasons we may not know about and those are the choices they made.

I would love to be able to give my time helping run to the place that has been like a second home to me for almost 3 years but I am more than happy to wait my turn and until then I will continue to give my time and effort to this community as a member for as long as it's here.

I think you would make a great mod Thumbsup
14-01-2017, 11:20 PM
(14-01-2017 11:19 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 10:05 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  While I totally agree there are plenty of people who would be great for the job like you and Anj and others, they had their reasons for their choices, reasons we may not know about and those are the choices they made.

I think you would make a great mod Thumbsup

Thanks though now I feel bad for what I just posted in the funny pictures thread lol

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
14-01-2017, 11:23 PM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2017 11:26 PM by jennybee.)
(14-01-2017 11:05 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Love ya, Muffs, but I don't think you or I have the temperament to hold that position... for the same reason, I would never want either of us to be considered and hope they never offer me a job I'll have to in all honesty and integrity turn down:

I am too emotional, and often take things personally when they need not be and I would be better off leaving it alone.

A moderator must be able to deal with a lot of shit, make a lot of tough calls that won't please everyone (and that people like you and I are too likely to take personally), and I frankly don't think I'd be up to it. (Edit: and so, wisely, they didn't consider me for the position, I'm pretty sure! hehe)

Julep strikes me as an excellent choice for moderator, though I don't particularly care who gets roped into offered that thankless task.

You would be a good mod. But I agree with you, I would not want that job either. But I'm grateful for the people who do want to do it and do a great job with it Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post