New Admin?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2014, 11:02 AM
New Admin?
With KC gone, who's the runner up? Doesn't MyBB software need an admin at all times?

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 11:06 AM
RE: New Admin?
(01-08-2014 11:02 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  With KC gone, who's the runner up? Doesn't MyBB software need an admin at all times?

Deep Thought has the software part covered. And, you can leave a message board on autopilot but it's not good for the community.

You forget that we have a second admin - Aurora. KC's replacement is between Aurora and Seth. Meanwhile, Aurora is admin anyway.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-08-2014, 11:08 AM
(01-08-2014 11:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 11:02 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  With KC gone, who's the runner up? Doesn't MyBB software need an admin at all times?

Deep Thought has the software part covered. And, you can leave a message board on autopilot but it's not good for the community.

You forget that we have a second admin - Aurora. KC's replacement is between Aurora and Seth. Meanwhile, Aurora is admin anyway.

Oh yeah, my bad Aurora.

I thought Seth didn't want any part of the forums?

Atir aissom atir imon
01-08-2014, 11:09 AM
All supermods here have admin access.

Admin role mostly defines what you do from a forum politics standpoint. eg: only admins ban users (spambots are different), even though supermods have the power it shouldn't be used.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
01-08-2014, 11:13 AM
(01-08-2014 11:09 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  All supermods here have admin access.

Admin role mostly defines what you do from a forum politics standpoint. eg: only admins ban users (spambots are different), even though supermods have the power it shouldn't be used.

That makes more sense, I guess you all trust each other. I never give anyone admin access that doesn't require the permissions lol

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
01-08-2014, 11:18 AM
(01-08-2014 11:09 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Admin role mostly defines what you do from a forum politics standpoint. eg: only admins ban users (spambots are different), even though supermods have the power it shouldn't be used.
The same goes for regular mods.

Remember when I banned two human accounts and both admins said "Well done"?

Good times. Laugh out load

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-08-2014, 11:39 AM
Mods often swing the ban hammer with the proper authority from the admin.

It's an odd sensation the first time; it's like going into the death chamber to perform an execution... it's in a specific area and there's a strange solemnity about it.

Luckily, my first time was a nazi ... it was a relief.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
01-08-2014, 11:58 AM
(01-08-2014 11:39 AM)kim Wrote:  Mods often swing the ban hammer with the proper authority from the admin.

It's an odd sensation the first time; it's like going into the death chamber to perform an execution... it's in a specific area and there's a strange solemnity about it.

Luckily, my first time was a nazi ... it was a relief.

Strange, I've never got that feeling when banning someone off my sites Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
01-08-2014, 12:10 PM
(01-08-2014 11:58 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  ...
Strange, I've never got that feeling when banning someone off my sites Tongue

Was that your way of submitting your application?

I can't help thinking ... too soon.

In fact this thread is kinda too soon.

Sadcryface

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
01-08-2014, 12:12 PM
(01-08-2014 11:58 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Strange, I've never got that feeling when banning someone off my sites Tongue

Well, the longer one is attached to a group - even virtually - the more it feels like a real community. No one wants to disallow or forbid someone to be a part of an organic community; it's just sometimes necessary.

However, the very idea of progress often means accepting the fringe to challenge growth and expand diversity. Evolution doesn't come about easily. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein