New Admin?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2014, 12:13 PM
RE: New Admin?
(01-08-2014 12:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 11:58 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  ...
Strange, I've never got that feeling when banning someone off my sites Tongue

Was that your way of submitting your application?

I can't help thinking ... too soon.

In fact this thread is kinda too soon.

Sadcryface

I thought the thread was too soon as well, but I thought it was best to be asked. This is in no way meant to be disrespectful to KC in any way.

Also, what do you mean submitting my application?

Atir aissom atir imon
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2014, 12:16 PM
(01-08-2014 12:12 PM)kim Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 11:58 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  Strange, I've never got that feeling when banning someone off my sites Tongue

Well, the longer one is attached to a group - even virtually - the more it feels like a real community. No one wants to disallow or forbid someone to be a part of an organic community; it's just sometimes necessary.

However, the very idea of progress often means accepting the fringe to challenge growth and expand diversity. Evolution doesn't come about easily. Wink

I have always felt it was more like pruning off dead or diseased growth from a favorite plant. Necessary and making it healthier in the process as long as one does not overtrim.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
01-08-2014, 12:18 PM
(01-08-2014 12:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 12:12 PM)kim Wrote:  Well, the longer one is attached to a group - even virtually - the more it feels like a real community. No one wants to disallow or forbid someone to be a part of an organic community; it's just sometimes necessary.

However, the very idea of progress often means accepting the fringe to challenge growth and expand diversity. Evolution doesn't come about easily. Wink

I have always felt it was more like pruning off dead or diseased growth from a favorite plant. Necessary and making it healthier in the process as long as one does not overtrim.

^^This. My thoughts exactly.

Atir aissom atir imon
01-08-2014, 12:22 PM
Well clearly we need to invite Egor back and grant him the proper admin crown he always deserved. Girl_nails

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
01-08-2014, 12:23 PM
(01-08-2014 11:06 AM)Dom Wrote:  You forget that we have a second admin - Aurora.

The matriarchy has now been firmly established and that which was prophesied has now come to pass and all is right with the world. It was predestined. Drinking Beverage

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-08-2014, 12:29 PM
when I saw the words new administrator and I am Ryan together I thought that I am Ryan was crowned the new emperor of the forum. (administrator)

I was thinking to myself, first there's a rumor that is banned and then all the sudden he's administrator. that guy's got some skills! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Wicked Clown's post
01-08-2014, 12:42 PM
(01-08-2014 12:16 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  I have always felt it was more like pruning off dead or diseased growth from a favorite plant. Necessary and making it healthier in the process as long as one does not over trim.

Possibly. I like to look at "atmospheric disturbances" as an opportunity to reflect. (or bitch)

To me, an unpopular idea, might be seen as a virus and do damage. However, that same virus might give insight down the road and prove to be a somewhat potent vaccine against an even more damaging malady. It would be a shame for someone to not gain that insight because the vaccine wasn't given a bit of a chance. The simple idea of giving a voice to dissent, can often be quite an unpopular idea.

Of course, we're not talking about plants or virus; we're talking about a community of people. Many here struggle to fit into their own skin, let alone an entire community. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-08-2014, 12:45 PM
(01-08-2014 12:29 PM)Wicked Clown Wrote:  when I saw the words new administrator and I am Ryan together I thought that I am Ryan was crowned the new emperor of the forum. (administrator)

I was thinking to myself, first there's a rumor that is banned and then all the sudden he's administrator. that guy's got some skills! Smile

Haha no, that's why there's a question mark Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
01-08-2014, 06:17 PM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2014 06:23 PM by Mr Woof.)
I note that K.C. cancelled the pos rep he gave me before cleaning out his office......
01-08-2014, 06:22 PM
(01-08-2014 11:58 AM)Im_Ryan Wrote:  
(01-08-2014 11:39 AM)kim Wrote:  Mods often swing the ban hammer with the proper authority from the admin.

It's an odd sensation the first time; it's like going into the death chamber to perform an execution... it's in a specific area and there's a strange solemnity about it.

Luckily, my first time was a nazi ... it was a relief.

Strange, I've never got that feeling when banning someone off my sites Tongue

Do you run a forum of some sort? I'm interested!