New And Excited To Be Here!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2012, 12:27 AM
Hi, fellow atheists, agnostic, and theists! Glad to be here! I was raised in a somewhat Christian household in my early childhood, but by 12 I was a regular churchgoer. I was never what you might call a brainwashed, and regularly question certain aspects of faith. By the time I was in college I was a OEC, but after a lot of research I evolved(bada-bing!) into a theistic evolutionist. I regularly debated with YECs on the internet which let me to atheist sites. There I found a lot of arguments against my previously held beliefs, but I could no longer consider myself a deist or agnostic. But I eventually admitted this was just so I could avoid being the A-word. I gave up the last shred of my theism two years ago. I am happy to talk to others about my disbelief because I'm currently in the atheist closet in a fundamentalist Christian family and community.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like THEDEATHBERRY22's post
20-10-2012, 01:17 AM
RE: New And Excited To Be Here!
Welcome to the forum Nice succinct history. We'll ask for more detail though. This is definitely a good place to find some people to talk to when you'e feeling alone.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
20-10-2012, 01:48 AM
Exiting closets is de rigueur this week.

But take your time.

You are welcome here.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
20-10-2012, 01:51 AM
Welcome! Nice to meet you. I'm half in the closet Smile

This is a great place, hope you stick around.
20-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Quote:I was never what you might call a brainwashed

Did you believe in God?
Yes.
You were brainwashed.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
20-10-2012, 03:23 AM
(20-10-2012 01:51 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Welcome! Nice to meet you. I'm half in the closet Smile

This is a great place, hope you stick around.

Which half? Left? Right? Top? Bottom?
I must know!

Welcome to the group, TDB. Stick around. You will be entertained, if nothing else. But if you want community, well, we've even got some of that somewhere around here as well. Thumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
20-10-2012, 06:27 AM
Welcome Smile
20-10-2012, 07:06 AM
i wanna be in the closet. can i come in?

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
20-10-2012, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 20-10-2012 08:59 AM by Vosur.)
Welcome to TTA! I'm still in the closet as well. The only ones who know about it are my friends and one of my brothers. My other brother could be a closet atheist as well, though I'm not really sure. He hasn't been going to church or any Christian events for years and he hasn't spoken about religion for the same time. My father is a baptist and my mother an apatheist. One day I may be able to come out to all of them. Smile

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
20-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Hi there and welcome.

[Image: vjp09.gif]