New Atheism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-03-2016, 05:49 PM
RE: New Atheism
(06-03-2016 02:37 PM)goldenarm Wrote:  [align=right]Hey everyone! As some of you may know I'm currently a closet atheist and one day I plan to come out and spread my atheism. My reason is because of how much religion harms people.

[align=right] I was wondering what you all thought about making some social media accounts? Maybe I could make an atheist Facebook account or something and share videos like " Zeitgeist", and post links to books like the "God Delusion" and the Skeptics Annotated Bible. I'm not saying I will, but I'm just curious what thoughts and opinions you all have about this? Thanks!

While recommending books there is the Third Instinct. subtitled How not to let God get you (or something like that) very down to earth and lets one discovery for one self what is being said. Try it before recommending it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Sorry Golden Arm Sister Golden Hair. I got some OCD.

#sigh
07-03-2016, 07:42 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2016 10:26 PM by Bucky Ball.)
I reject the (Fundalmentalist/religious) notion that there even is a "new atheism".
The only thing that's changed, is that very very slowly, as the scientific worldview, (very new, in the timeline of human species), slowly, slowly creeps in to the general thought of mankind, the doubts and thoughts that everyone (probably) always had, have finally become acceptable to speak, in public. As with the Greeks who felt SO threatened by that, they had to put a philosopher to death, (Socrates) to shore up their cultural climate and values, from the perceived threat, so do modern religionists, by labeling those who are un-PC enough to call BULLSHIT, on their religious garbage. If Christians for eons can "evangelize", atheists can (however they do it) call out their bullshit. It's equality. They can't handle that. And as a matter of fact, in the much more liberal intellectually free, European climate, "free thinkers", have been tolerated, except in times of peril, and threat (Bubonic Plague).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post
07-03-2016, 09:32 PM
(07-03-2016 05:12 PM)cactus Wrote:  I hate that Facebook tries to announce every fucking thing I do. I don't even think there's a way stealthily RSVP for an event. A second FB account is pretty much a must for anyone who's in the closet about anything, but still wants to get involved in local events and stuff (though I currently use meetup.com for this purpose. Most of the atheist/skeptical groups within reasonable driving distance from me are listed on there, even if they already have a Facebook page). Also, I check my privacy settings a couple of times a year to make sure Facebook didn't sneak any new auto-sharing "features" in under my nose.

Thank you! Also I will have to check out the meetup.com site as well. That sounds pretty coolBig Grin