New Atheist Dukes it Out with Seasoned Pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
19-05-2014, 05:48 PM
RE: New Atheist Dukes it Out with Seasoned Pastor
(19-05-2014 05:20 PM)Theonewhoprovesyouwrong Wrote:  hink we have no proof of our God? We have just as mic proof as you do of the Big Bang or evolution or anything else, you may have been a Christian but you have no idea about your former religion

Do tell? Please trot out your proof.

Pro tip: We have evidence for claims, we don't pretend to have proof.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
19-05-2014, 05:51 PM
In before ~~Reasons~~

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
19-05-2014, 06:00 PM
(03-05-2013 06:58 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Damnit! Battery running out and gotta plane to catch.

I'm coming back to this one in a few hours.

Can't wait for the movie version

yeah, lemme know when there is an audio book version of whatever this is lol.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
19-05-2014, 06:00 PM
(19-05-2014 05:20 PM)Theonewhoprovesyouwrong Wrote:  A few things, do you honestly think you have beaten him?
One: he has far more important things to dot hen debate with a guy who barely knows his own ideas
Two, you used Wikipedia as a resource,
Three, you never actually put up any good point, you just ridiculed what he said and called it proof
Four, do you honesty think we have no proof of our God? We have just as mic proof as you do of the Big Bang or evolution or anything else, you may have been a Christian but you have no idea about your former religion
Five, his testimonies in miracles that you "so easily proved wrong" still stand, things like this happen and there is no logical understanding for it, language isnot genetic so why would they just so happen to speak another one, and I've seen to where no English was ever spoken in an area, and people broke down I tounges speaking PERFECT English, I've seen a complety displaced fracture healed on the spot by prayer,
Six, your arguments have no proof, you sit there and blab about proof when you offer none, you say you can measure left over energy form the Big Bang when we dot even have equipment advanced enough to measure spacial energy all over the universe plus, you have a wrong idea of how nature works, matter does not simply just come togethor in a perfect enviro met fork all life, your own scientist have said that if you change the Earths condition by .fortieth decimal point, life will no longer exist on Earth, next thing you're gonna say is that aliens are out there and that tey have a perfect planet just like us, matter does not form order, that's why almost every element in the table is in a chaotic state, obviously if order were made the elements would fix themselves.
I think that's all for now, but please come back and address this argument and see anything I have missed, there's no way I'm reading all that again

You don't have spell-check do you?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
19-05-2014, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2014 06:53 PM by sporehux.)
Great OP, the preacher sounds just like a pentecostal friend of mine, who is still tring to claim proof of miracles. Apparently the hard evidence ended with Smith Wiggles-worth who upon upon researching as instructed, provides no proof I can see apart from charlatanism.

According to my friend, God would have guided this couple to seek medical help, they just failed to listen, so their prayers were not at fault, it was their failure to listen to gods word spoken via his secular translators that was at fault..
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/23/2nd...bation-no/

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 1 user Likes sporehux's post
19-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Moms- I couldn't find the fly swatter. sorry.

will this work?

[Image: websitebanner2012.jpg]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
19-05-2014, 07:16 PM
(19-05-2014 06:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 05:20 PM)Theonewhoprovesyouwrong Wrote:  A few things, do you honestly think you have beaten him?
One: he has far more important things to dot hen debate with a guy who barely knows his own ideas
Three, you never actually put up any good point, you just ridiculed what he said and called it proof
Four, do you honesty think we have no proof of our God? We have just as mic proof as you do of the Big Bang or evolution or anything else, you may have been a Christian but you have no idea about your former religion
Five, his testimonies in miracles that you "so easily proved wrong" still stand, things like this happen and there is no logical understanding for it, language isnot genetic so why would they just so happen to speak another one, and I've seen to where no English was ever spoken in an area, and people broke down I tounges speaking PERFECT English, I've seen a complety displaced fracture healed on the spot by prayer,
Six, your arguments have no proof, you sit there and blab about proof when you offer none, you say you can measure left over energy form the Big Bang when we dot even have equipment advanced enough to measure spacial energy all over the universe plus, you have a wrong idea of how nature works, matter does not simply just come togethor in a perfect enviro met fork all life, your own scientist have said that if you change the Earths condition by .fortieth decimal point, life will no longer exist on Earth, next thing you're gonna say is that aliens are out there and that tey have a perfect planet just like us, matter does not form order, that's why almost every element in the table is in a chaotic state, obviously if order were made the elements would fix themselves.
I think that's all for now, but please come back and address this argument and see anything I have missed, there's no way I'm reading all that again

Actually, it's autocorrect doing that..
[+] 1 user Likes Theonewhoprovesyouwrong's post
19-05-2014, 07:19 PM
(19-05-2014 06:58 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Moms- I couldn't find the fly swatter. sorry.

will this work?

[Image: websitebanner2012.jpg]

That's ok. I've always got one handy.

[Image: C7D7CE04-6628-40CF-B3E5-CAD64A9356A3-777...560D42.jpg]

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-05-2014, 07:20 PM
(19-05-2014 06:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

This looks like a job for... well, me. Dodgy

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Vosur's post
19-05-2014, 07:34 PM
Sounds like you have a computer virus. This will clear it right up:

http://www.ehow.com/how_7190069_delete-system-32.html

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 2 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post