New Atheist Dukes it Out with Seasoned Pastor

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
18-11-2014, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 18-11-2014 02:19 PM by Tomasia.)
RE: New Atheist Dukes it Out with Seasoned Pastor
(03-05-2013 08:02 AM)KMFDM_Kid2000 Wrote:  A little back story here. I was a Christian for 21 years. I have a large Christian family which I came out to in January of this year. I've had to deal with them constantly trying to "save me from the devil". Arguments are typically long and drama filled, but I usually keep going until the other person simply drops out. I am tenacious. My aunt was quite frustrated with me as I cornered her logic several times before.

I was trying to find the answer as to what caused you to doubt the faith you seemed to held firmly for several years? Was there a personal crisis, or a series of crises that led you to rethink the beliefs you once valued?

What where the causes and events that led you to doubt what you held deeply? Assuming there were such causes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2014, 02:46 PM
(18-11-2014 02:14 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  
(03-05-2013 08:02 AM)KMFDM_Kid2000 Wrote:  A little back story here. I was a Christian for 21 years. I have a large Christian family which I came out to in January of this year. I've had to deal with them constantly trying to "save me from the devil". Arguments are typically long and drama filled, but I usually keep going until the other person simply drops out. I am tenacious. My aunt was quite frustrated with me as I cornered her logic several times before.

I was trying to find the answer as to what caused you to doubt the faith you seemed to held firmly for several years? Was there a personal crisis, or a series of crises that led you to rethink the beliefs you once valued?

What where the causes and events that led you to doubt what you held deeply? Assuming there were such causes.

You do assume alot around here. Read the whole thread to get your answer as it was articulated quite clearly how faith had failed.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
24-11-2014, 09:17 AM
It might have been mentioned elsewhere, but have you notice how many atheists are infected by demons?

Being possessed by demons is in fact evidence of searching for them. And as atheists can be considered in this case to be the unbiased condition, the evidence shows that demons and or their ability to possess does not exist.

Or we atheists have some voodoo magic that keeps demons way the hell away from us.

Si aliquis non persuadeo, te scribere coerceat.
24-11-2014, 09:40 AM
(24-11-2014 09:17 AM)Balstrome Wrote:  It might have been mentioned elsewhere, but have you notice how many atheists are infected by demons?

Being possessed by demons is in fact evidence of searching for them. And as atheists can be considered in this case to be the unbiased condition, the evidence shows that demons and or their ability to possess does not exist.

Or we atheists have some voodoo magic that keeps demons way the hell away from us.

I think we're immune because we are demon spawn. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-12-2014, 06:53 PM
Bravo to this five star original post. Anthony Salcedo, please, do the current and future generations of earthlings the honor by adding your name to the ever growing list:

http://youtu.be/GbjP56QD3mE
25-06-2015, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 26-06-2015 12:03 AM by Qad Bane.)
I am an atheist, and I am very impressed by your knowledge of both science and theology and I strive to take in as much new information as a can since I left Christianity a year or so ago. However, I think you may have wasted a lot of your time "debating" this pastor. The lack of sophistication he displayed in his email (which you mercilessly confronted) was quite obvious... He also seemed rather surprised by the sheer quantity of information in your correspondence with him. Did you assume he wanted a debate? In my opinion you seemed a bit over eager and indeed over zealous, squashing a mosquito with an anvil where a newspaper would suffice. This is made apparent when he realizes you are looking for a podium and he respectfully withdraws. Rather than take the hint, you eek out a very long counter rebuttal to a nonexistent rebuttal, to which I couldn't help notice he didn't care to respond. Unfortunately I've read this story before, yet another new atheist wasting his time and talents, assaulting an unprepared simpleton with a well oiled battery of fact.
[+] 1 user Likes Qad Bane's post
26-06-2015, 02:58 AM
(04-05-2013 03:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Now landed in Sydney, unpacked and then rushed to finish reading the OP.

Actually quite disappoint. The was a spelling mistake. This invalidates your entire argument.

Big Grin

So Mr NAME WITHHELD has scuttled off to shelter in the warmth of his local community Cowardly Cleric's Club. Sad really.

Thanks for sharing the exchange. Very impressive.

I too have had the 'I'll read your book list but you won't read mine' -problem.

I wonder what would be a better approach to achieve that result?

Read the OP again...so much greatness.

But I quoted you here DLJ, so you could catch your mistake while pointing out his mistake. Smile
26-06-2015, 05:09 AM
(26-06-2015 02:58 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  
(04-05-2013 03:22 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Now landed in Sydney, unpacked and then rushed to finish reading the OP.

Actually quite disappoint. The was a spelling mistake. This invalidates your entire argument.

Big Grin

So Mr NAME WITHHELD has scuttled off to shelter in the warmth of his local community Cowardly Cleric's Club. Sad really.

Thanks for sharing the exchange. Very impressive.

I too have had the 'I'll read your book list but you won't read mine' -problem.

I wonder what would be a better approach to achieve that result?

Read the OP again...so much greatness.

But I quoted you here DLJ, so you could catch your mistake while pointing out his mistake. Smile

I don't do mistakes.

I do accidental irony.

Blush

26-06-2015, 07:57 AM
(26-06-2015 05:09 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(26-06-2015 02:58 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Read the OP again...so much greatness.

I don't do mistakes.

I do accidental irony.

Blush

That mistake was on the lam for two years. I'm confident you won't have to wait long to return the favor.
14-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Rainbow RE: New Atheist Dukes it Out with Seasoned Pastor
(19-05-2014 06:00 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(19-05-2014 05:20 PM)Theonewhoprovesyouwrong Wrote:  A few things, do you honestly think you have beaten him?
One: he has far more important things to dot hen debate with a guy who barely knows his own ideas
Two, you used Wikipedia as a resource,
Three, you never actually put up any good point, you just ridiculed what he said and called it proof
Four, do you honesty think we have no proof of our God? We have just as mic proof as you do of the Big Bang or evolution or anything else, you may have been a Christian but you have no idea about your former religion
Five, his testimonies in miracles that you "so easily proved wrong" still stand, things like this happen and there is no logical understanding for it, language isnot genetic so why would they just so happen to speak another one, and I've seen to where no English was ever spoken in an area, and people broke down I tounges speaking PERFECT English, I've seen a complety displaced fracture healed on the spot by prayer,
Six, your arguments have no proof, you sit there and blab about proof when you offer none, you say you can measure left over energy form the Big Bang when we dot even have equipment advanced enough to measure spacial energy all over the universe plus, you have a wrong idea of how nature works, matter does not simply just come togethor in a perfect enviro met fork all life, your own scientist have said that if you change the Earths condition by .fortieth decimal point, life will no longer exist on Earth, next thing you're gonna say is that aliens are out there and that tey have a perfect planet just like us, matter does not form order, that's why almost every element in the table is in a chaotic state, obviously if order were made the elements would fix themselves.
I think that's all for now, but please come back and address this argument and see anything I have missed, there's no way I'm reading all that again

You don't have spell-check do you?

Very well said!! Shell Heart